M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed "Vista Cruise" throtltle lock.
If so, which model and where did you drill hole for locking set screw.
Photo?
I had one of these on my Shadow and found them best for trips.
Thanks much,
Bradbike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hogthong said:
I have installed the Vista Cruise, and it works great. No drilling is required???  Don't have any pic's.
I gotta see how you got it to go on. Did you have to modify the throttle housing or was it plug and play?
Was there enough room between the grip and the where the start button housing is? Will it make the throttle return
not as easy? See I have so many questions. I'm in need of this mod. :)
More details please.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really appreciate your effort. What modifications did you have to make?
I see a cross over piece. More info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
908 Posts
OK - Let's see if I can explain a little. The left portion of the mechinism is a two piece ring that fits around the handlebar between the starter housing and the brake fluid box (or whatever you call that thing.) It is a one inch ring (if you got the right kit) and will fit only on the one inch tapered end of your handlebars. You may have to move the brake box over slightly to get the ring in between. The would be the only slight "mod" that would be required.
In your kit you should have a large ring with three small allen set screws in it equally spaced. The rubber gasket goes inside this. There are different thicknesses of gaskets supplied. I believe I used the thinner one, but not sure. This ring with the gasket installed slips over your handle grip sliding almost up against the starter housing. Make sure the side of the ring that has the little groove around it goes next to the housing. It's a tight fit and you may need to use some soapy water solution to slide it on. (I did). Then the ring is tightened down to your handlegrip by tightening the three little allen set screws. Then the metal ring band fits around this plastic ring in the groove that's in the ring. The little cross bar fits on the left little ring by a bolt and then fastens to the clamp with a thunb lever and spring. Hard to describe how that fits together, but the instructions on the part that came with your unit are fairly clear. It's just the first part of the instructions that I found confusing. Hope this helps. Whew, It's like a blind man trying to describe an elephant! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks a lot, that was a big help. The reason I was so interested is because I had
never seen the one you have with that cross over thingy. The only ones I saw required
drilling and I wasn't going to do that. cool..... Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts