M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really want to do the Lamonster throttle lock mod but the post is missing all the install pics. Does anybody have the pics that go with the post on Lamonsters thottle lock post.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
I don't have the pictures but it's really easy to do. Look at the plate on the bottom of the control housing and you'll see a small depression in it. That is right under the throttle cam. You just drill and tap that for a bolt, put something plastic on the end of the bolt to bear against the throttle cam, and add something to the bottom to turn it with. I think I used a #12 machine bolt on mine and used a small plastic dowel I had laying around for the inside piece. The outside knob is a nutsert, one of those metal threaded pieces you put in wood or plastic so you can thread a bolt into it. Most use a carburetor air cleaner cover knob that you can pick up at Pep Boys or most auto parts places.

Once you take the control housing off and look inside it, it's easy to see what you need to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zoom can u post some pics of what it looks like. I figured it was pretty simple but a pic is worth a thousand words. thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
zoom can u post some pics of what it looks like. I figured it was pretty simple but a pic is worth a thousand words. thanks
I don't have any pics of when I did it, and all that hangs below the controls is the bolt with the knob on it. But if you can wait a bit I'm going to have the controls off so I can mod them for some new grips. I'd be glad to take some pictures of it then. It might be a couple weeks unless I get around to it tomorrow.

I actually like this one better and want to make one of them. The knob on the controls is OK, but it's under the controls and not as easy to use as this would be. The first post has the dimensions and the second has the pictures of it installed.
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118425

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I was really want to do the Lamonster throttle lock mod but the post is missing all the install pics. Does anybody have the pics that go with the post on Lamonsters thottle lock post.
I have that parts of that thread printed about Lamonsters`s throtle lock I don`t have all the directions but I do have a couple of pic of which hole he used but my scaner is broke, like me!! lol:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
I took mine off today to put on a new set of grips. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Cheapest would probably be the Gazza lock I mentioned in the other thread. But it won't work with the grips I put on today, so I'm glad I had my Lamonster lock on it. :D

It's cheap, the total cost in mine was about $5 for the air cleaner knob. And before I bought that I just had the nutsert thing on it, which was free.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did this install last Wednesday and kept the pics. As soon as I get near my laptop I'll post em up. And yes, the BA is a really nice cruise control if you have the $$$$ for it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Cheapest would probably be the Gazza lock I mentioned in the other thread. But it won't work with the grips I put on today, so I'm glad I had my Lamonster lock on it. :D

It's cheap, the total cost in mine was about $5 for the air cleaner knob. And before I bought that I just had the nutsert thing on it, which was free.
I found knobs at lowe's. They have a few drawers for knobs and science project type items. Mine was about $1.25. The major part of the cost was the tap. All and all mine was about $5 total too.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I use an O ring simple cheap easy
tell me more. Does the o-ring sit on the grip and you just roll it over when needed? Looks interesting. thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here bullrider. Tell us more. That's one helluva idea and the first time I think I've seen that. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Same here bullrider. Tell us more. That's one helluva idea and the first time I think I've seen that. :bigthumbsup:
You get some "O" ring rope or just any diameter O ring just thick enough to not slide all the way in the groove.
Cut the O ring with an exacto knife clean and square(does not have to be perfect)so there is just enough tension to hold the throttle put but not so tight to hinder deceleration. Super glue it together with thin CA (cyanoacrolate)from the hobby store.
slip it on. go ride. It takes about 3 sips O beer (1 minute)
I put it on for long trips. I have rolled it on and off while riding.
If you dont want it on you just roll your thumb over it and it pops off nicely.
When you slow down you roll your wrist as always. It takes a little getting used too. If you don`t like the feel it works great enough till your super throttle lock gizmo shows up in the mail.
IT WILL WEAR A LINE THROUGH THE POWDER COATING IN TIME THOUGH

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks. Off to the hobby and hardware store I go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found knobs at lowe's. They have a few drawers for knobs and science project type items. Mine was about $1.25. The major part of the cost was the tap. All and all mine was about $5 total too.
Do you have or can u take any pics of yours. Just trying to get several ideas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts