M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been going a little numb in the right hand while riding. Any suggestions as to how to eliminate the pins and needles in the wrist ??

·
Registered
752 Posts
Throttle miester, or if you raise the bar angle so your hand doesn't bend as far back. The bending back of your hand from your wrist is what puts pressure on it. It can cause carpal tunnel.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just have to deal with it. The roads around here aren't real conducive to steady speeds - lots of curves and altitude changes http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1613.msg19204#msg19204 . On a positive note... there won't be a flat center wear patch in that big hunk of rubber in the back :p

I did purchase a pair of gloves with gel packs in the palm area. It seemed to help a little.

·
Registered
817 Posts
taijiman said:
Lately I have been going a little numb in the right hand while riding. Any suggestions as to how to eliminate the pins and needles in the wrist ??
www.brakeawayproducts.com

A little pricey, but worth every penny. Avoid the cheap throttle locks (sorry, PP). They are just plain dangerous.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't had the problem of my hand getting numb, but I have had a few problems with my right elbow getting stiff and sore after a long ride, but I think thats mostly age showing its nasty self. ::)

G

·
Ben, wait until you get my age. I enjoy aches and pains all over my body. Don't think I can make it to the races this weekend. With Sunday being fathers day and the family getting together to celerbrate I need to stick around the house and do chores.

oldfart

·
Registered
817 Posts
jerbear said:
Wanted,
Have you installed the Brakeaway model on youe 109? If so, did you order the Boulevard model?
jer
I did. I called them first to make sure. They said they were aware that they didn't have the M109R listed, and were going to change their site to just list "Boulevard", since the Boulevard grips are all the same. They may have done that already.

The device was recently redesigned to allow use with Kury grips, which is nice. They were a tad too tight before.

·
Registered
817 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
was it redesigned ?...because it says just use dishsoap and force it on i thought! :doorag:
Yes, now it goes on with dish soap and a little pushing. Before, you couldn't do that. Some guys would dremel out about 1/16" from the slip ring to make it fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts