M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my bars up last night and the throttle cable seems a little snug when turning the bars to the hard right. My question is - how do you remove the cables from the throttle twist grip so I can free up some cable length? Looks like there are two cables to remove.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The throttle cable gets very tight when I make hard right turns, my throttle would lock open and i thick thats very dangerous, i don't have enough slack in my cables i guess. ****someone help please**********

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did move the front brake handle assembly so the throttle cable was routed underneath the brake line. That freed up an extra 1/2" or so of free play. Before, the throttle cable was resting on top of the brake line fitting taking up some extra slack. I would like a little more room though :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Jonce said:
I did move the front brake handle assembly so the throttle cable was routed underneath the brake line. That freed up an extra 1/2" or so of free play. Before, the throttle cable was resting on top of the brake line fitting taking up some extra slack. I would like a little more room though :)
I did the same thing as Jonce. Seems to work fine this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts