M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three in a row

There are three m109r's at Honda, Suzuki of Salt Lake. Â One of each color. Â Just for your interest if there is anyone in reasonable distance that has not been able to locate one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Three in a row

I called and all three were sold. Its seems that some man bought them for his wife...............sorry,wives
darn mormons.......SORRY LOL ,i just couldn't resist! thanx for the heads up!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm sorry. I guess that I did'nt state that I took posession of them earlier today...... (I wish)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm not da man. I only have one wife, and plural marrige is illegal in this state too. Both the federal and state governments are coming down on the factions that believe in plural marriage.

·
Registered
686 Posts

oldfart said:
There are three m109r's at Honda, Suzuki of Salt Lake. Â One of each color. Â Just for your interest if there is anyone in reasonable distance that has not been able to locate one.
SHHHH!!!!!!!! I have already been in there and sat on the silver one a couple of times! Just need to finish my basement then sell my house to have the $$$. I'm getting married here in a couple of weeks and we both have houses. Don't need 2, so part of the equity will buy my bike. The good thing is that the housing market here in Salt Lake is red hot. Houses are selling within a week of being listed. I'm looking at about $75k equity in just 2 years.

So if that silver one is there in a couple of weeks, you will likely see me ride away on it. Then I will just need to sell my Volusia!

·
Registered
686 Posts

Forgot to mention, the dealership in Draper UT has one on the floor (silver) and three in the back (black and purple). Doesn't seem to be a shortage of them around here right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

More than one wife: Like I tell my wife all the time.... I can't afford you, why would I want more than one. I saw that show on HBO - BIg Love and that poor sucker has three. Would not want that can of worms for all the money in the world. Now, 3 bikes, that's a different story. Now we're talkin!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts

BTW - What's the punishment for having three wives?
Three mother-in-laws!!

Jus kiddin - I love mine and my 109! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Where in Draper is this other Suzuki dealership? There is nothing listed in the yellow pages.

·
Registered
686 Posts

oldfart said:
Where in Draper is this other Suzuki dealership? There is nothing listed in the yellow pages.
It's just off the West frontage road, south from 12300 S. If you go to the Suzuki site (suzukicycles.com) then search for dealerships by using a Salt Lake area zip code you will get the address. They will soon be moving to the old Beus Isuzu dealership at the point of the mountain.

I had my Volusia serviced there when a woman bumped into the rear end in a parking lot. That 3 mph bump cost her insurance $1k, but it would have been a LOT more if I hadn't done some acrobatics to keep the bike upright.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I will definately be first in line to state that Utah drivers are some of the worst in the country. I don't know if it's from all the new implants in the state or all the old farmers that are still driving on their grandfather license.

·
Registered
686 Posts

oldfart said:
I will definately be first in line to state that Utah drivers are some of the worst in the country. I don't know if it's from all the new implants in the state or all the old farmers that are still driving on their grandfather license.
I'm not sure I can totally agree there as I have seen really bad drivers nearly everywhere I have been. The worst tend to be toward the more populated areas in each state. With that said, however, I have 2 major gripes with drivers here (and it may not be just Utah drivers). One: Fast lane is for faster vehicles. If someone is going faster than you, MOVE OVER! Luckily I can get around that by using the HOV lanes since they allow bikes there. Two: Blind lane changes. I don't know what it is, but lately I have seen a rash of drivers changing lanes without looking over their shoulder and checking the blind spot. I got the squeeze yesterday as some idiot in a Ford Taurus wagon towing a long trailer made to haul a glider switched lanes. I was next to the trailer. Luckily the next lane was open in this case. This is one of the biggest reasons I'm 'chomping at the bit' to get the 109. The Volusia just doesn't have much kick left when you are already doing 65-70mph, and I want something more under me to get out of the way in those situations.

Like I said before....just a few more weeks to sell the house and you'll see me around on a 109.

On a side note, I found it hilarious the reference to the grandpa drivers when your name here is 'oldfart'. :D As long as you don't ride like one.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Utah, I hope to see you riding around soon. Just remember, we have to put some time aside so we can get together for a ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Try driving in Florida. Blue hairs everywhere who can't see, hear or drive. They've shrunk to 4'9" and still insist on driving their 5000 lb Lincoln Continentals in the fast lane, slow lane, sidewalk at 15 under the posted. They definitely don't see motorcycles. Hell, they can't see over the steering wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I might have to make a trip to Florida just to see that. I would definately be interesting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts