M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to always try and be prepared for the unexpected. I have the GMan Industries GBat Battery as a safety precaution, but I recently came across these neat jumper cables, and thought I would share with everyone on the forum. They are very reasonably priced and offer two ways to jump the bike if you should ever need to. The one neat feature I liked was the way they offer the option of using a car cigarette lighter to plug into and get a jump that way. I hope I never have to use them, but I will be carrying these in my backpack because one never knows. At the very least, I might be able to help out another rider who might need it.

here is the link:
http://www.upstart-inc.com/

click on tab labeled "how it works"

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,941 Posts
I've thought about making something like that out of an extension cord for 12 volt accessories. I have one that is 8' long that has the male connector on one end and the female on the other. And it's a coiled cord so it would be easy to pack somewhere. I got it for using a tire inflator for my motor home since they won't reach all the way to the rear. I have a 12 volt power outlet so all I would need to do is add the clamps.

Thanks for reminding me. :D

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey bro

how long are these? I may order a set?

cheers....
from the description on the website, they are at least 8' long. however, i am not sure if they are any longer or not. i did order a set and expect them to arrive some time this week. once i get them, i will measure them and post up info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts