M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on the road again after repairs to crankcase and new sum plate. My incident with the large piece of metal taking out the oil filter etc etc coincided with my first service. When I collected the bike my mechanic said he had ajusted the thottle bodies as on was opening slightly prior to the other one. The result now after adjustment is much smoother in traffic at low revs. Also much smoother throttle control from 1500Rpm to 2500 Rpm, less vibration not so inclined to lunge in lower gears atr low speed. So it is worth checking as the factory adjustments may not be correct. Now running Castrol semi sinthetic. Couldn't keep off it on the weekend. Also 98 octane runs smoother with better response than 95. I have noticed that some of you americans run low octane 89 etc. Not recommended with 10.5 compression ratio in my book. I would run 100 octane if I could get it.
Being an old fart I find the stock bike just right, and since we have a lot of slower twisty roads in my area I feel the standard ignition mapping etc is a good compromise, as I feel I am having plenty of fun on the straight bits at 160 to 200Ks which the bike gets up to real easy, and sounds awsome with some revs on. A sports screen would be a help with wind buffeting. Anyway i am well wrapped with it now. Cheers to all you go faster guys. :cop:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
we americans run 93 or higher in this bike as recomended in owners manual.

·
Registered
86 Posts
bad109 said:
we americans run 93 or higher in this bike as recomended in owners manual.
My bike runs better on 89 octane , and does not detonate. you only need to run just enough to avoid pre-ignition from happening and this will make more power . If the bike doesn't require that high of octane, don't run it . It is just like retarding ignition timing when running a higher octane than required .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if the label on the tank is different for other countries but the sticker on mine said minimum 95 octane. I must say that the bike runs better on 98. Reference the helmet, I wear a full face when I go for a serious ride, but if I am around town the open face gives much better vision width, and it is easier to talk to all those who are facinated by the new M109R BURPLE MACHINE.
Cheers, can't wait till next weekend :doorag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts