M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, let me just say that this post HAS been approved by Lamonster

I was contacted by Vincent , Director of R&D from D2moto.com via pm, here is what it says....

vince-d2moto said:
Dear Big-B

My name is Vincent , Director of R&D from D2moto.com

I have been watching this forum for awhile and knew that our version 1 tail light had many problems. I personally apologize for all inconvenience might cause you ,your behalf and all other forum's members. That's why we started to develop our new version ( Version 3 ) half year ago. Right now , we are on the final stage of the development.

Features of V3 tail light for M109R

1. Build-in Central IC control --- Now the IC will control all the flash rate as normal rate, do not require to hard wire any flash relay or load equalizer, and this will prevent LED(s) burn out.

2 Diamond Cut reflector --- Each diamond cut reflector slot will improve the reflect rate of each LED.

3 Super Bright G3 LED --- This is a new type of LED that only use on car, now we make it happen on motorcycle. 3-4 times brighter than normal LED ( All our competitors are using that, including our Version 1 tail light). Also, the visibility increase to 120 degree from normal LED 60 degree.

New V3 Tail light will be (contact them for pricing)

Also, other members in this forum who purchased our tail light (through D2moto.com only) and has defective LED. We are more than happy to do a FREE replacement as we stand behind our products. We will also take care the shipping fee to send the new tail light to them. All they need to do is pay for the shipping fee to send back the defective tail light for inspection and also including the purchasing receipt. If they accidentally lost the receipt, all they have to do is just include the name, contact phone number and email address, 99% we are able to pull back their order/data from our system.

If any other member(s) currently using our tail light purchased through D2moto.com only and like to upgrade to our V3 tail light. We can offer a trade-in special for (contact them for pricing) Same as above, send the old tail light back to us with name, contact phone number and email address with (contact them for pricing)

The dead line of replacement or trade-in will be ended on Oct 31 2010. They need to email our stuff Victor to sign up before the dead line. His email is [email protected]

Mr Big B, can you help me to pass this message to the forum members as well. All other replacements or trade-ins in about 65 days. Thank you so much for your time and again I personally apologize for all inconvenience to you and your behalf.

Thank you so much for you time

Vincent
R&D Director
D2moto.com
I think this is a huge step in recognising the problem w/ these lights and I am def looking forward to seeing the new and improved product.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Another place that is standing behind their product :bigthumbsup: :a18: very nice to see!!!

If they are selling their current model for $39.99 I hope Version 3 will be close to that in price... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Wonder if the price will still be the same. If so Ill just buy it when they release it if mine still works before the dead line.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Ain't it funny how Clear Alternatives just recently released their "third generation"?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ain't it funny how Clear Alternatives just recently released their "third generation"?
There the same tail light made by the same manufacture.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well I guess I'm glad I didn't throw out my defective D2Moto light. I might have to ship it to them for a replacement with this supposedly new & improved model.

+1 for them saying the right thing & offering to do the right thing.

Only time will tell if this G3 model is really any better than their previous ones, which overall sucked.

Good job Big-B! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
No kidding? I did not know that. I note that the lights sold by Clear Alternatives are quite a bit more pricey. As in $149 for the Generation III version. How much is the D2Moto? Why the difference?

Strange.

·
Banned
28 Posts
CA is a great company, so , I personally won't comment on their products. But the different between us is, we do own our R&D department and Manufacture. We collect all different data & info from many different motorcycle riders from Harley , Metric to Street and Dirt bike riders. We do invest alot time and money in R&D , trying very hard to improve our products quality to meet all different riders' high satisfaction.

CA use 3rd party manufacture for their line of products, this is not a bad idea. But we have 100% control on our own manufacturing, this give us more flexibility on manufacturing and developing new products.

I will get a set of CA 3rd Gen tail light and do a side by side comparison, and let you guys do the final justice when our V3 tail light is ready to launch to the market(around 60 days)

thank you

Vincent
R&D Director
D2moto.com

·
Banned
28 Posts
No kidding? I did not know that. I note that the lights sold by Clear Alternatives are quite a bit more pricey. As in $149 for the Generation III version. How much is the D2Moto? Why the difference?

Strange.
Differences :

1. OUR TAIL LIGHT
Build-in Central IC control --- Now the IC will control all the flash rate as normal rate, do not require to hard wire any flash relay or load equalizer, and this will prevent LED(s) burn out. We are more focus on safety of the riders.

CA TAIL LIGHT still require to use equalizer. As many people might not know, the equalizer will get very hot after awhile of using. And this is the main reason cause the LED(s) burn out.

2 Diamond Cut reflector --- Each diamond cut reflector slot will improve the reflect rate of each LED.

I personally have to double check on that, can't comment at this moment.

3 Super Bright G3 LED --- This is a new type of LED that only use on car, now we make it happen on motorcycle. 3-4 times brighter than normal LED ( All our competitors are using that, including our Version 1 tail light). Also, the visibility increase to 120 degree from normal LED 60 degree. This is the biggest different. We are using High Output LED on V3 tail light with huge improve of the angle visibility.

CA is using the normal 3mm-5mm LED on their G3 tail light, the visibility angle is 60 degree compare to our tail light is 120 degree and the brightness is about 3 times less than our high output LED. CA new version tail light come with sequential.It is like a running light which our tail light doesn't have. I personally think this is not a very great feature if the tail light is not bright enough.

As our goal is the make a tail light that more practical and more safety for all daily riders. We always believe that we can make some products that all our customers can get more than what they paid for.

thank you

Vincent

·
Registered
259 Posts
cant wait for the new product to get rid of those lollipops, hope it works well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread,Any chance you guy's making a clear tail light for the M90 Vincent? I'd think there would be a few of us 90 owners interested.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread,Any chance you guy's making a clear tail light for the M90 Vincent? I'd think there would be a few of us 90 owners interested.
Sorry that we current don't have this model under our this year development list, but i promise you that i will look more into it and try to make this happen in 2011.

thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Vincent, I am in need of the clear tailight assembly and I am located in Palm Springs area. Can I come to you and get one of the new generation lites? Thanks Vinny

·
Banned
28 Posts
Vincent, I am in need of the clear tailight assembly and I am located in Palm Springs area. Can I come to you and get one of the new generation lites? Thanks Vinny
We currently don't have the new gen tail light ready to launch yet. Hopefully we are able to launch in around 60 days.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There must be a higher power at work here Vincent. I have been looking and talking about these lights in general for some time. I have a CA thats defective and did the e-bay trip which was returned. I was in the process of buying an OEM, but will wait on you guys. So glad you jumped in and let us know. Looking forward to the release. Do you have just a tail light/ brake? I don't want the signals, or can this new one be deactivated or disconnected?
Michael aka Paladin :doorag:
I would think, like the old version, just don't wire the signal aspect of the light. Then it's just run/brake like the stocker.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I just purchaced a "CA" tail light. I`m wondering if I should wait now and not install it.
I didn`t know there were problems till after I got it...dang
Are there mods I could do to prevent early LED burn outs?
Resistors or whatever?:dontknow:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wait, before we all say how great they are. Of course they will stand behind their light, nobody said they wouldn't. But why should I have to again take my bike apart and send the light back just to get another crappy version 2 light? They already know there is a problem with them, so they are trying to get rid of them and trade them out. Now if they said we know there were problems and we will trade out the version 2 light for a version 3 light at no charge? That's standing behind your product. Not trading one crappy light for another.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Would be nice. Hows Bernie? And thanks for the info...:bigthumbsup: You da man!

Edit: Didnt he say the signals were some how hard wired so you didnt have to cut and splice and.......?
Bernie answer is correct. And as your concern, the new version tail is not require for equalizer to hard wire to the bike.

And if you not gonna connect both turn signals wires, then you will not need to do any hard wire.

thank you

1 - 20 of 76 Posts