·
Registered
3,740 Posts
You can keep it!! Dont want it here!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This is what we got in Central Georgia.

They cancelled school today and tomorrow! LOL!!!! I didn't even have to go into work today. We got about 1" of snow and 1/4" of ice on top of that. But when your county doesn't have one snow plow or salt truck you stay home. I did venture out about 3:30pm to check the road conditions and honestly they suck and are completely crappy and untreated.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Oh heck GR!! That's just a dusting . Get on that 9 and rideeeeeeeeeeee lol

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh heck GR!! That's just a dusting .
Believe me I know! I think it's funny as well! :D I wish we would have gotten 5"-6" of snow like the east side of Atlanta. The weather is very fickle around these parts when it comes to wear the snow falls most.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yankees...

Ever notice how everybody up north rags on the south for closing schools and shutting the town down for what they call a "light snow" up there?
We just dont have the salt trucks and plows to cope with all the roads needing to be cleared.
Truth is if those yanks were here in this mess they would be just like everybody here.
Let one weatherman say "snow" and it's off to the store and stand in lines to get the milk, bread and eggs like everybody else.

Of course some of us have 4 wheel drive and all of this doesn't much matter. Traffic is just about right for me today...7-8 inches of lovely powder keeps the crowds inside and makes a fine playground for the kids who can finally build a decent snowman.
3 days is about it and everything goes back to normal.

Gotta love the south...

·
Registered
28 Posts
mmmm...

Its a southern tradition to go buy milk, bread and eggs....even if you have plenty on hand. Also a quick trip to the liquor store but you just don't tell Grandma about that...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
This was the wal-mart bread isle yeaserday before the snow here in Rome, Ga!:eek::eek::a20:
Why is it that southern folks go after the bread and milk if there is a forecast for an inch or 2 of snow? I'd hate to see what it was like down there around Y2K....lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've been in a few winter storms in Eastern N. Carolina and South Carolina and it was worse than anything I have ever seen in Wisconsin. A couple of things, nobody knew how to drive and when you throw a few hills in the mix it kind of changes everything. I can't imagine it gets any better in Georgia or further south. I pretty much got off the road because you couldn't count on the other guy having a clue, or snow tires.

We rarely close schools for just snow, but for extreme cold and wind they will sometimes. I'm talking like whiteouts and -40 or colder windchills. Send that snow up here, our trails are all closed we need another 6- 8 inches before they will reopen.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fell bad for you southern boys.all that snow.OR would you rather of had landslides. tornadoes.flooding.hurricanes . i'll take the snow. just wish it was only for a couple days. ride safe everyone.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I'm amazed. On my truck forum a guy from Alabama posted pictures of the 8" of snow they had, and now these. And here I am where we normally measure snow in feet and we have almost none, with only a couple inches expected over the next two days.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well the guessers (weathermen) are saying that your storm and another are meeting up in New England tomorrow night through Wednesday. Last I heard a few of them were saying 18-24 inches and that's on top of the 8 left over from the last storm. You would be amazed how many people around here have no clue how to drive when it is only a few inches.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
We just got cold drizzle. Supposed to be 24 degrees tonight. Yes cold sucks:mad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts