M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran into this web site and I thought this was so cool! I never seen mirrors like this...check it out.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Very cool, but I would think a little distracting. I only use my mirrors to see what is going on behind me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/tachometers/index.html

Maximum Products
Gauge Mirrors

Maximum's Gauge Mirrors feature...​

read full caption​

Maximum's Gauge Mirrors feature a tach as part of their full complement of instruments.

The most unique product in this comparison, Maximum's Gauge Mirrors, contains all the instrumentation a rider would normally need (odometer, oil pressure, speedometer, tachometer, tripmeter and voltmeter) within a pair of chromed, billet-aluminum mirrors. This test only addresses the tach function of the Gauge Mirrors. However, the mirrors could not mount directly to the Classic's stock mirror attachment points. Maximum Products is working with us to develop a mounting system. The red LED readout was easy to see in daylight. And when the full system is installed, the LEDs dim automatically through four levels of brightness for varying light conditions.

Since the Mirror Gauge is a digital tachometer, we were not surprised to find it to be perfectly accurate at all engine speeds. However, the tachometer ramped-up slower than the other digital tach on the dyno. According to the manufacturer, the tachometer updates every 100 rpm on acceleration and every 200 rpm on deceleration. However, we found that when accelerating hard on the dyno in first gear, we had to upshift as soon as the tachometer reached 5000 rpm or the engine would bump the rev-limiter. This was only an issue in first gear. The rpm picked up just slowly enough in the other gears for the tach not to lag. During the street test, the lag was never a problem. The $875 suggested retail price would be expensive for a tachometer alone, but the mirrors are a complete instrumentation package -- containing indicator lights (high beam, neutral, oil pressure and turn signal) plus performance features like 0 to 60-mph elapsed time. These are ideal for riders who want to eliminate their conventional instruments. A new style of Gauge Mirrors is also available from Maximum for $695.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think I'd rather see it projected on the windshield in front of me. Like a heads up display, like in the Corvette.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I like it...would be interesting to see what the bike was like with a custom tank minus the instruments & without the normal tach....That might allow someone to include a small wind screen like on a sport bike on the risers to be able to tuck up behind.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Um, for $875 I'll just watch the display I have right in front of me. Having a speedometer where you could actually see it would be nice, but it wouldn't be in the mirror for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that would suck to look over to the mirror to see how fast ur going.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Pretty cool, but distracting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts