M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I leave the office, jump on the 9 and head out to blow everyone away with my total bad-a$$-ness on the way home. I'm feeling good, I KNOW I'm lookin good, bike sounds great, sun's out, no wind..... I'm gonna rock this on the way home for sure.

Pull up at the first light, sitting there all COOoooolll like, and I hear "Your tire's bigger than mine!"

WTF?!?! I turn around and there's this 80'ish gentleman on a Vespa scooter, 3/4 helmet, Blue Blockers, and a plexiglass windshield 4 frickin feet tall. Whatya say to that? I say, "ya, I guess it's a bit bigger....but I bet you get better mileage!"

He smiles and says "I do pretty good"

So the light turns green, I turn and get back into my coolness and put the old guy behind me.

Well.... guess who flies up beside me and enters my bubble of coolness? Old guy with the 4' high windshield. Get to the next stop light and he pulls up right beside me. He looks at me, smiles, winks and says "I don't have to shift." Again....whatya say to that?

Long story short, this old guy rides right beside me all the way down the main "show your coolness" drag in town, like 4 miles. Right past all the HD hangouts, loaded with cool HD guys of course, past all the local cool bars with decks, packed with people just dying to see a cool biker dude like me.

And here I am riding the entire way right beside this 80 year old guy on vespa with a 4' high plexiglass windshield.

When I finally turned off and left him, I had the biggest grin on my face and shook my head all the way home. Got home, told my wife, she laughs and says "that could only happen to you"

Dude could really ride that little scooter though!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have been feeling so old lately something like that is what I need to help my self esteem:D

·
Registered
571 Posts
No kidding. That's why I posted this. Brought me down of my bad boy pedestal a wee bit. Plus it was just flat out funny.
The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging you have a problem.
It's amazing how many people these days can't laugh at themselves.
I too, think it's a great story.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well we are all headed that way..... eventually:':)joke:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
LMAO!!! Thanks Ward that was good!!! They always told me if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans for the day OR your ride Home!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Great story. I'll bet he was shaking his head too, thinking " I don't get these whipper snappers riding on those big ole gas hogs ".

:clap2::a20:

·
Registered
198 Posts
That was hilarious. Everyone observing the two of you probably thought "Hey,bad a## bikers aren't so bad. There's one now, riding with his dad, ain't that nice"

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was hilarious. Everyone observing the two of you probably thought "Hey,bad a## bikers aren't so bad. There's one now, riding with his dad, ain't that nice"
I'm telling ya, that's absolutely the best part of it. I have this image burned in my head and it'll be there til the day I die. I've been biking for a long time, and hopefully will be for a long time to come. This is in my top 10 experiences. Just the image of us riding down the main drag side by side, both of us smiling, priceless!

I'll tell you what, part me wants to find the guy and take a rip on his scooter. That thing actually went pretty good! Lower it, some forward mounted footpegs, some 12" apes, custom paint... I got myself another ride!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts