M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer today. Been negotiating for a couple of days, and today he finally came through with the magic number. I had a stack of cash in one hand, and a pen in the other. My trade was already in their garage. The salesman is gone to get the paperwork. I walk over to quickly scan the bike one more time, and... HOLY $#!+! WTF???!!! :'( I could not believe my frickin' eyes...

Apparently, sometime between yesterday and today, someone at the dealership took this M109 on a joyride. They must have been wearing a big belt buckle or protruding zipper, because now there is a noticable RASH all over the top of the tank. I was like, uh-uhn, I don't THINK so.

Here is the kicker -- the sales manager comes over, confirms the existance of the rash, and offers to knock $50 off the deal. WHaaaaa???? A whole 4 tenths of one percent? Are you sure you can afford that, Mr. Stealer? ::)

The other thing is, I take all my service to this shop, and have purchased TWO other bikes there in the past three years. I told them I had gotten similar numbers from another nearby dealer (with a lot less haggling, I might add) but that I felt a loyalty to these guys and wanted to keep the business as close to home as possible.

The DID offer to locate a crated violet-blue and try to get it in from another dealer. I told them I'd give them 24 hours, but that I was going to get the bike THIS week from SOMEWHERE. It's up to them now.

Man, I HATE dealers sooooooooooo much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At least you noticed it before leaving the shop and did the right thing - although I reckon the dealer is a bit of a tosser - $50 for paint damage ?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stealers - bottom line is they want your $$ and don't care too much about what they are delivering - take ur $$ elsewhere.

G

·
I have to agree. $50 does not seem enough to repair paint damage. Besides, who wants to buy a new bike like that? I am the one who's supposed to put the dings and scratches on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whoever rode that bike must have got an ear full. 50 bucks ? Are they kidding ? You did the right thing.
Chances are he'll get you another one, as he doesn't want to lose a $12,000 sale. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
lololo ..i knew something was up .....i was about to ask you.. were you getting another 109 or what ?. Cant get me man..I keep up to date everyday......cant help it.

No way someone with as many posts as you have still be a wannabe...good try thought. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wanted said:
Come on guys... this post is TWO MONTHS OLD. Try to keep up.
So ... did you ever get a 109? ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
300CREW said:
So ... did you ever get a 109? ;)
::)

Yeah... the day after I posted this. Do I LOOK like a Fritz? :hot:

Like I said... keep up! Of course, I realize that's difficult, with my Blurple being the fastest color and all...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wanted said:
::)

Yeah... the day after I posted this. Do I LOOK like a Fritz? :hot:

Like I said... keep up! Of course, I realize that's difficult, with my Blurple being the fastest color and all...
I was just joking.... I know you've had a 109 for some time. No way is Burple faster than Black.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
300CREW said:
I was just joking.... I know you've had a 109 for some time. No way is Burple faster than Black.
I know you were joking. So was I (Except for the Bluple being faster than black part :hot:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wanted said:
I know you were joking. So was I (Except for the Bluple being faster than black part :hot:)
:a18:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts