M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now official to me. I couldn't resist letting her loose this weekend. I'm pass the break in point so I decided to see what she's got. I know this was stupid but I couldn't help myself. I was rolling down the highway at about 80 mph when a dodge hemi pulled next to me. He gave me a look & proceeded to taunt me to run. So I did. Before I know it we were doing 130mph in no time flat. I pulled away from him pretty quick so I slowed down to let him catch up so we could hit it again. Yes I dusted him again. After riding a Hayabusa for the past year I'm very impressed with what they put in this bike. I can't wait to add a few mods to see what she can really do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My brother just bought a dodge truck with the hemi. On the way home from the dealership he wanted to run me so at the next stop light we did...

His truck is quick with 345 stock hp, but by the time I shifted into 2nd he was easily 10 car lenths behind me.

I agree with everyone else...this bike is crazy fast, but I can't wait for the performance mods to make this beauty even faster!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 1st appearance it looks slow but just hit the trottle & hold on. Then watch as some folks will get pissed off as you blow by them.

G

·
Yep,,whipped up on a viper yeterday coming from work...From a roll 55mph to 130.....and then from a stop light.....Guy was floored when i told him it was a zuki v-twin...I was pretty amazed myself.....not bad for a stock bike... ;D

·
Registered
936 Posts
don't know what to think about the viper thing. i've seen'm race good crotch rockets.hmmmm!!!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
i saw both of'm leave the red light and the viper at a couple of hundred feet went to tearing the ass off of'm.

·
Registered
752 Posts
2005 Viper Coupe 1/4 mile from Car and Driver: 12.5 sec @ 117 mph
2005 GSX-R 1000 1/4 mile from Motorcyclist: 9.79 sec @ 148.4
2006 M109R 1/4 Mile from Motorcycle Consumer News 11.6 sec

Not sure who is driving those sportbikes you have seen racing the Vipers but they suck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
moto said:
don't know what to think about the viper thing. i've seen'm race good crotch rockets.hmmmm!!!!!!
I dunno. Viper or not. While I have only raced a porchse on the 109R. A 1000CC sportbike does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. I imagine this bike is AS fast or faster 0-60. I bet you can dust any car light to light. It's only on the freeway where the car no matter how many HP is really gonna offer a challenge and beat you because they usually have higher top ends.

·
Registered
326 Posts
muahman said:
A 1000CC sportbike does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. I imagine this bike is AS fast or faster 0-60.Â
A GSXR 1000 will mop up the floor with a M109R.
If ya don't believe it just head to your local dragstrip for a test/tune night, there is bound to be a GSXR or a ZX-10R you can play it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
muahman said:
I dunno. Viper or not. While I have only raced a porchse on the 109R. A 1000CC sportbike does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. I imagine this bike is AS fast or faster 0-60. I bet you can dust any car light to light. It's only on the freeway where the car no matter how many HP is really gonna offer a challenge and beat you because they usually have higher top ends.
Motorcycle Consumer News shows 3.6 sec 0-60 for a stock m109r

·
Registered
78 Posts
BigBoreBiker said:
A GSXR 1000 will mop up the floor with a M109R.
If ya don't believe it just head to your local dragstrip for a test/tune night, there is bound to be a GSXR or a ZX-10R you can play it.
Oh, I totally agree. I have had a GSXR1000 and traded in a CBR1000 for the M109R. I was just saying to the guy that doubted the M109r could dust a Viper off the line, that either an M109r or a Crotch Rocket would crush any car off the line. The only issue is at highway speeds because the Viper goes like 180.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That was a restricted bike, shift points are shutting the motor down in every gear during the run @6200 except 4th, when you can bang every gear right at 7400 watch what happens to those times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts