M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is so awesome, everywhere I go I get nothing but drools and questions. Today I rode with a bunch of zx-12, 14, and Hayabusa's. They took off flying and when I kept up with them, they smiled and gave me big head nod. Now during the 3 hour ride, I saw them get all uncomfortable, but me, I just adjusted a little and stretched my legs out on my RAW DESIGN forward control extensions. I was laughing inside and could tell that they were jealous how comfortable I looked on the whole 50-90 mph ride.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
haha, that great!! Gotta like the 9, best of both worlds!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
It has everything and does them all well! Power:bigthumbsup:-Looks:bigthumbsup:-Comfort:bigthumbsup:
I rode with some friends a while ago and told them of how this bikes draws attention. They were all on sport bikes, 2 gsxr1000s, R1 and a zx9. Not even a block from my place at a light and i am being drooled over from a car and saying what a bad ass bike it was! all the whild i am surounded by the sport bikes (and nice ones might I add). After the night and many more simular situations they understood what i was talking about.
matter of fact the 1 with 1 of the 1000s is trading it in on a a 9. He called me today and asked if he could borrow the bike for a while to test it out. I said i would let him take it for a test ride around the block or so but not like borrow for a while! Have to draw the line!:D

Gotta love this bike!

Juice109

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have had My Nine since 07 and the Thing still gets Looks ,yesterday riding home for work i wave at a on coming biker ,as I'm watching for the return wave i realize its a Leo Giving me the Eye ,Sometimes the attention isn't a good thing

·
Registered
145 Posts
You are CORRECT! This bike rules. I also get alot of compliments on mine while Im sitting at a lite... They always ask what size engine is it?" I tellem its a 450cc...... Then chuckle to myself as I drive away with my HK Sideburners screaming into their open car windows. Life is good for now!:doorag:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have had My Nine since 07 and the Thing still gets Looks ,yesterday riding home for work i wave at a on coming biker ,as I'm watching for the return wave i realize its a Leo Giving me the Eye ,Sometimes the attention isn't a good thing
Don't lie...you love any attention...good or Bad :joke:

·
Registered
938 Posts
This bike is so awesome, everywhere I go I get nothing but drools and questions. Today I rode with a bunch of zx-12, 14, and Hayabusa's. They took off flying and when I kept up with them, they smiled and gave me big head nod. Now during the 3 hour ride, I saw them get all uncomfortable, but me, I just adjusted a little and stretched my legs out on my RAW DESIGN forward control extensions. I was laughing inside and could tell that they were jealous how comfortable I looked on the whole 50-90 mph ride.
Not to be rude or anything but if you kept up with them it's because they let you. The 109 is fast but a Busa and ZX-14 would leave you so far behind that you would be lucky to even see them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have to disagree.

im the only guy at work with a muscle cruiser, everyone else rides crotch rockets and we ride together weekly.

I keep up on the 109 and they all have to pick up their jaws from the pavement every week after seeing me right behind them on a big ass cruiser.

these guys arent the sunday driving type if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the attention the bike gets! Makes it even more fun to ride. I remember the first day I got it, I got more looks on the way home from the stealership than I did in the 2 years of owning my dead sexy blacked out Gsxr1000. I miss that bike :( But it was way more comfortable to look at than to ride! My car is the same way, I've never owned 2 vehicles that get so many thumbs up, or just random "nice ride" or nods from people.
Love it, makes you feel good....
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand that they would leave me in a straight line, but this ride was through the backwoods of VA. I am not saying that the 9 will smoke them or anything, I'm just saying that they were surprised a cruiser kept up with them and was comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not to be rude or anything but if you kept up with them it's because they let you. The 109 is fast but a Busa and ZX-14 would leave you so far behind that you would be lucky to even see them.
:agree:

the 9 will keep up with them around town after that it just isn't made for high speed .... I have had mine pinned to the max the speedo reads .. yep it's fast however I get left in the dust when my buddy with his connie 14 decides to drop a gear and nail it on the highway .... I catch up to him when he slows down but come one ..... the 9 is a drag bike , not a high speed racer ....

If you are keeping up with ZX14's and Busa's then they are either screwing with you or they have not figured how to get out of second gear yet .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts