M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this link out, some of you might recognize this 109.

http://www.hwhonda.com/new_vehicle_...2010J10I07I22JAMQ2916R0&veh=24503&pov=1811725

All I got to say to this dealer (H&W Honda) is good luck selling it at that price, when you can buy a new 2009 for less than 10 grand. I miss my 109 but every time I jump on and ride my Connie I feel better about my trade. I hope this dealer sits on my old 109 for a long while after the way they treated me.

The salesman called me yesterday to ask about the rear seat and all I have to say is it must have gone to wherever the "good" tire that was on the rear of the connie went. :joke:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
we should get a bunch of people from this board to call the dealer and tell them we are interested in the bike and schedule times to go there and see the bike. then just stand them up and leave them hanging just to mess with them.:evil:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
we should get a bunch of people from this board to call the dealer and tell them we are interested in the bike and schedule times to go there and see the bike. then just stand them up and leave them hanging just to mess with them.:evil:
And you would have to add that you want to test it with a 2 up also. :D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be great, then when they call to see why you didn't show up you tell em that you found an even nicer 109 for $7000.

That will will put a "Texas size" burr in their chaps. :joke:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your dead to me now! :joke:
I miss it, don't get me wrong but I absolutely love being able to twist the throttle and be doing triple digit speeds in the blink of an eye. But I do miss that intoxicating sound of the sideburner, this connie needs a new exhaust badly.

·
Registered
300 Posts
whining

really you made the deal what are you crying about,Texas size tears:dontknow:

http://www.hwhonda.com/new_vehicle_...2010J10I07I22JAMQ2916R0&veh=24503&pov=1811725

All I got to say to this dealer (H&W Honda) is good luck selling it at that price, when you can buy a new 2009 for less than 10 grand. I miss my 109 but every time I jump on and ride my Connie I feel better about my trade. I hope this dealer sits on my old 109 for a long while after the way they treated me.

The salesman called me yesterday to ask about the rear seat and all I have to say is it must have gone to wherever the "good" tire that was on the rear of the connie went. :joke:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Don't buy it. I hear the previous owner beat the shi+ out of it!! ;)

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I miss it, don't get me wrong but I absolutely love being able to twist the throttle and be doing triple digit speeds in the blink of an eye. But I do miss that intoxicating sound of the sideburner, this connie needs a new exhaust badly.
check with A&R. they sell racing exhaust kits for most popular sportbikes, and i know they sell them for the kawasaki's. it involves a simple replacement of the inner baffles of the stock exhaust by popping off the rivets in the stock can, taking out the big baffle and replacing it with a more breatheable baffle that also gives it a great sound.
it is a very cost effective way to get a bit more performance out of the bike, a great grunty sound (similar to the Two Brothers & Akrapovic exhausts) and save $300-$400 while you're at it.
all you would need to do is measure the length and diameter of the baffle you would need and i am sure they can custom cut one for you.

they have sound clips for comparison. i have them on my R1. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really you made the deal what are you crying about,Texas size tears:dontknow:
Who is crying, I just got some subpar customer service and would love to see this dealership take a loss on the 109. I am a little bitter but not about the my trade for the Connie, just about the actions of the salesman and his manager.

You can take your "whining" comment, and shove it up your 4th point of contact!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I miss it, don't get me wrong but I absolutely love being able to twist the throttle and be doing triple digit speeds in the blink of an eye.
:agree: the more I ride my GSXR.....the less I ride my 109. My 9 is paid for and is a great looking/performing cruiser. I don't see myself selling her anytime soon. I really enjoy riding up in the mountains and my GSXR is perfect for that. Enjoy your new ride! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
check with A&R. they sell racing exhaust kits for most popular sportbikes, and i know they sell them for the kawasaki's. it involves a simple replacement of the inner baffles of the stock exhaust by popping off the rivets in the stock can, taking out the big baffle and replacing it with a more breatheable baffle that also gives it a great sound.
it is a very cost effective way to get a bit more performance out of the bike, a great grunty sound (similar to the Two Brothers & Akrapovic exhausts) and save $300-$400 while you're at it.
all you would need to do is measure the length and diameter of the baffle you would need and i am sure they can custom cut one for you.

they have sound clips for comparison. i have them on my R1. :bigthumbsup:
I am gonna be looking for a full system from the header back, I am not a fan of how big the canister is on the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't buy it. I hear the previous owner beat the shi+ out of it!! ;)
beat the (bleap) out of it.........No......... well maybe just a little. But at least I never did a flip flop burnout, and my 109 was never featured in a gay man's magazine with a "turd burglar" posing on it. :joke: So it does have that going for it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a fever but only for more COWBELL!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Ouch! Dont disown him, its obvious he has speed fever! :doorag:
I'm just messin' with him! ;)

I hear ya. I sat on a Yamaha FJR1300 (Basically Yamaha's answer to the Connie) 2 days ago at a Metric Dealer while I was picking up a few parts. It just does nothing for me. I'm not knocking it and I'm glad your loving yours.

Like I've said a million times theres a motorcycle for everybody. Everyone has different tastes, needs, wants, interests, styles and that's what makes the world go round. If we all liked the exact same thing the world would be a boring place. If I had the money I'd keep my 9 (of course) and also get a touring bagger (like the Victory Cross Country) and a custom Bobber and I'd be all set. Is that too much too ask? LOL

Maybe we can still meet up next summer over here somewhere and ride together. I'll try to keep up with you in the twisties. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
There truly is an A$$ for every seat in a dealership.
We would be dogging a bike we had on the showroom floor and talking
about it's pending...errr...up coming "been sitting here 2 years" birthday
and you know what would happen, a guy would show up and have to
have that exact bike. Way weird, but happened all too often.

Funny I just re-read GR's post...I'm walking out the door in a few minutes to
demo a Victory Cross Country.
In the last 2 weeks I have demo'd a Street Glide, Road Glide, 2010 Gold Wing,
a Yamaha Midnight Venture and a Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe.
The Victory XC is the last on my list to ride.
I gotta tell ya that StratoLiner Deluxe is a nice ride.
And all but the Gold Wing need taller windshields bad.
Those short shields on the Glides and Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe are worthless.

Enjoy your new Connie.

Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
So your new ride makes the 9 look like a Harley, with a twist of the throttle:dontknow: How fast is it?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So your new ride makes the 9 look like a Harley, with a twist of the throttle:dontknow: How fast is it?
Look like a Harley...........absolutely not.

But it is fast enough to do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds according to an app that I have on my iPhone (dynolicious). It is just a detuned heavy zx-14 with bags so that might give you an idea of the potential. I am shooting for a 10.6 when I take it to the strip.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Look like a Harley...........absolutely not.

But it is fast enough to do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds according to an app that I have on my iPhone (dynolicious). It is just a detuned heavy zx-14 with bags so that might give you an idea of the potential. I am shooting for a 10.6 when I take it to the strip.
JD, Send me some of that chit you are smoking. I doubt that a ZX-14 will do 0-6- in 2.8 and I know your bike won't. You sure went to a lot of trouble just so you could outrun me next year. :joke: Congrats on your new ride, I'm thinking FJR sometime in my future. The Max is killin' my butt and back. John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts