M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating taking the plunge on the new M109r. My wife and I have narrowed it down to that or the Vulcan 2000.
I know you guys are biased, I am too as a Suzuki guy, but anyone have experience on the 2000??

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I believe I read somewhere on this board that the Kaw had slightly more torque but less HP. I could be wrong but thats what I remember.

You simply cannot go wrong with the 109. It does everything well & does not look like a want to be or a cookie cutter type bike (Harley look alike) :doorag:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haven't had experience with the 2000, but you won't be disappointed with the M109r. See if the dealer will let you test drive them both. That way you'll be able to make the best decision. Keep us posted though, especially if you become apart of the 109 family. Happy huntng!! :p

·
Registered
133 Posts
both are good bikes, guess you have to get a bike that suits your needs. As for Modability, i would imagine that Suzuki would be a bit better suited in that department that the Kawi. Also seeing that the 2000 didnt and isnt really selling that well. the M109 seams to be the Hot bike right now and would imagine Suzuki will do everything to keep it that way.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ride with two guy's that have Vulcan's and they are nice bikes . but every time we go out people skip rite over there bike and start asking me questions about the 109. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
One of my guys has the 2000 and I spank him all the time not as agressive as the 109 more laid back. you'll have more fun w/ the 109 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
:welcome:

yea i would say it depends on what your criteria is... i am a tried a true kawasaki man... i have owned around 15 different kawasaki bikes and 4wheelers with a few other brands thrown in here and there... I like the 2000 just not sporty enough for me and i wanted the vtwin styling and the 240 cut and dried.. which made my descision

so you need to make a list of what is important and it should make your choice more plain and simple...

90% of my riding is solo and around town, and i am not saying that the 109 is'nt long range friendly i am saying to me(imho) the 2000 is not a whip it through traffic kinda bike but thats just me...

only you know what you want

khrome

khrome

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tedbiele. Get on the web and compare specs. That's what I did and guess what I ended up with? You gotta ride it after you buy it. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts