M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys Im going through the motions of starting studying again at Massey in Palmy and thinking of bringing my 9 home, just checking what the deal is with WOFs.
I havent been home since 1999 and never owned a bike at home either so is it still the same in regards to when you pay your rego you gotta have a WOF???
Also what forum do you guys chat on as it seems this one isnt frequented too often
Cheers Haydos

·
Registered
89 Posts
How is going Haydos,

Yes I think you have to go thru "Entry certification for imported vehicles"
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/warrants-certifications/entry.html

Keep in touch and I may be able to help out with borrowing some stock bits like exhaust, although I am in Auckland I may be ale to locate someone closer. I come from Feilding and still have friends and family down there so one way or the other we should be able to sort something.
If you are landing in Auckland you may have to sort it out before you can get the bike down to PN in which case you can borrow bits off me.

We have a cruiser group (any make) that is nation wide, but there has been a fair bit of Sh*t slinging goin on lately and people getting banned off the board so I feel the boards days are numbered. http://www.nzcruisergroup.co.nz/news.php

You will find a few guys from NZ come on this board but just read around and dont post much.

We have got Colemans Suzuki in Auckland starting up a ride posting board that we are just testing, that may well take off so once again keep in touch and see what happens.

Cheers
Munchy

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
they dont chat on there cause most of the Kiwis live in Australia :D

whats WOF mean anyway Waste Of f_ucking ___________?

you need to get a rego check every year in NSW but that doesnt help your cause does it

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello there hoss i did answer your question a bit late through sorry.your correct in guessing you need a wof every 12 months, an if the vehicle is older than 5 years then its every 6 months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is going Haydos,

Yes I think you have to go thru "Entry certification for imported vehicles"
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/warrants-certifications/entry.html

Keep in touch and I may be able to help out with borrowing some stock bits like exhaust, although I am in Auckland I may be ale to locate someone closer. I come from Feilding and still have friends and family down there so one way or the other we should be able to sort something.
If you are landing in Auckland you may have to sort it out before you can get the bike down to PN in which case you can borrow bits off me.

We have a cruiser group (any make) that is nation wide, but there has been a fair bit of Sh*t slinging goin on lately and people getting banned off the board so I feel the boards days are numbered. http://www.nzcruisergroup.co.nz/news.php

You will find a few guys from NZ come on this board but just read around and dont post much.

We have got Colemans Suzuki in Auckland starting up a ride posting board that we are just testing, that may well take off so once again keep in touch and see what happens.

Cheers
Munchy
Cheers mate, we may in up in Fielding as Ive got family in Marton and Uni in Palmy and there are some nice places in Fielding.
Im trying to chase some stockies over here, will have to get cheap Mirrors and make another bracket for stock indicators but other wise it should be all good, unless theres something about having air suspension and welded bars (I got some custom Burleigh Bars)
Ill be making a decison this week on my bike.

they dont chat on there cause most of the Kiwis live in Australia :D

whats WOF mean anyway Waste Of f_ucking ___________?

you need to get a rego check every year in NSW but that doesnt help your cause does it
FU :a20: Warrant of Fitness (RWC)

Hello there hoss i did answer your question a bit late through sorry.your correct in guessing you need a wof every 12 months, an if the vehicle is older than 5 years then its every 6 months.
Mmmmm can a WOF be done at any certified garage??? or does it have to be done at the NZTA (cant even remember what its called)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gidday mate also log into Boulevard Rider New Zealand and subscribe to the http://www.youtube.com/user/BLVDRidersNZ you tube channel and heres the latest episode from this year Boulevard Rally bro.

ps from Munchy's post Colemans Cruisers will launch next week with the official opening being bolted together with the launch of the 2010 Boulevard M109R's.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gidday mate also log into Boulevard Rider New Zealand and subscribe to the http://www.youtube.com/user/BLVDRidersNZ you tube channel and heres the latest episode from this year Boulevard Rally bro.

ps from Munchy's post Colemans Cruisers will launch next week with the official opening being bolted together with the launch of the 2010 Boulevard M109R's.
Great Vid man, it makes me more certain of bringing the 9 home, I tried logging into the NZ cruisers forum but applications are closed is it invite only??? can you hook a brother up :a20: [email protected]
Cheers Haydos
PS what camera are you using on the helmets and bikes???

·
Registered
642 Posts
Great Vid man, it makes me more certain of bringing the 9 home, I tried logging into the NZ cruisers forum but applications are closed is it invite only??? can you hook a brother up :a20: [email protected]
Cheers Haydos
PS what camera are you using on the helmets and bikes???
there is a boulavard owners group in masterton they come up palmy feilding some times or its only 100k to masterton give me a ring when you
ready to ride there is also a few local riders that get out on weekends :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is a boulavard owners group in masterton they come up palmy feilding some times or its only 100k to masterton give me a ring when you
ready to ride there is also a few local riders that get out on weekends :bigthumbsup:
Thanks mate :bigthumbsup:
Does anyone know where I can get my bike WOF if you know what I mean ;)
Its landed in Napier but customs slugged me $2000NZ for GST (I was given wrong info as Ive only owned it 11mths, 1 month in storgae for $60 wouldve saved me $1940 fark it) Ill be in NZ on the 11th of June to get it sorted but any help will greatly appreciated
Cheers Haydos

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi
there is a suzuki shop in feilding and one in palmerston north if they cant help you they will be able to point you in the right direction .
if you need stock mirrors and indicators I can lend you some to get wof .
you also need a red reflector at rear of bike .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
there is a suzuki shop in feilding and one in palmerston north if they cant help you they will be able to point you in the right direction .
if you need stock mirrors and indicators I can lend you some to get wof .
you also need a red reflector at rear of bike .
Thanks mate, we managed to put a stock rear guard back on but only had some crappy LED indicators, hopefully thatll be right and some stock mirrors went on, I may need to borrow those indicators though.
Hopefully the exhuast, airride and bars will pass :dontknow: hence why asked if anyone new somehwere that did the carton of beer WOF

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi was in at the suzuki shop to day and asked what you would have to do to get your bike on the road over here they said you would need to take it to vtnz.

give them a call to see what you need to take in with the bike ph no palmerston north 3533639.

vtnz said it will cost $125.00 for compliance and $225.84 for plate and 6mth reg.
but that last price reg could change due to our gst going up and we are going to have to pay more acc charges on our regos in the next couple of mounths not sure when acc charges will change .

hope this helps
mike

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi was in at the suzuki shop to day and asked what you would have to do to get your bike on the road over here they said you would need to take it to vtnz.

give them a call to see what you need to take in with the bike ph no palmerston north 3533639.

vtnz said it will cost $125.00 for compliance and $225.84 for plate and 6mth reg.
but that last price reg could change due to our gst going up and we are going to have to pay more acc charges on our regos in the next couple of mounths not sure when acc charges will change .

hope this helps
mike
Went and saw VTNZ, I gotta do a few things
1 slow my indicators down (Not to hard)
Swap my levers (Not to hard)
Quieten my pipes (Im farked)
Might try making my own baffles unless someone has some stockies to lend???
Gotta go to a dealership as well and get my brakes measured, such a fark around :edit: and rego goes up 1st of july about $100

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
**** are they that stuppid over there that they dont think your just going to put the hacker pipe back on after it passes rego?

give him a carton of beer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks mate for that link, those other ones on trade me mustve wanted some stupid price as I bid $350 but still didnt get reserve.
Just been in Taupo for a few days, itching to get my bike delivered so I can get it on the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts