M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the m109owners.com site but this looks to be a bit busier...

Was wondering when the valves first need inspecting and also the mileage in between the inspections from then on? Initially at 600?

Also, I'm a little let down by all the HD vrod bashing / I just smoked a warrior / fill in the blank posts here.... They are all bikes and we should all enjoy the different bikes out there, ya know?

Its the rider not the bike,
Alan

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with you its a bike and we all ride together but we also know the "attitude" some HD owners have and in my case the V rod I raced looked for me! I didnt look for him... :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
:welcome:

This forum over all is a great. There's a ton of information on here and you see the one's that are not afraid to try new stuff; which we get to benefit from. :bigthumbsup:

Some people like to "bang the chest" as they say, but over all you'll see that most will agree with you about it being the rider. Rules are fairly simple and Lamont is good about keeping a watchful eye out for anything that gets out of hand.

There again, welcome to the board...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I personally love all bikes and the vrod is no exception but the suzuki screams brute force AND value and to me and my wallet, it makes sense.

Now... what color should I get haha

·
Registered
702 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
I posted this on the m109owners.com site but this looks to be a bit busier...

They are all bikes and we should all enjoy the different bikes out there, ya know?

Its the rider not the bike,
Alan
welcome to the site Alan.

Enjoy the site, and bikes the way YOU want to. :doorag:

·
Registered
98 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
Thanks guys. I personally love all bikes and the vrod is no exception but the suzuki screams brute force AND value and to me and my wallet, it makes sense.

Now... what color should I get  haha
Welcome...its a great bike. Haven't seen anyone post a pic of the new red color.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
Page 7-4 of your o&m manual. Nice chart there for ya.
The title of this thread is "Thinking about the M109" so I highly doubt that he has a manual to look at, waddya think? :joke:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no kiddin, if I had a manual, I wouldn't have axed :)

oh... tomorrow I will have a manual and a nice silver bike to go along with it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome Dynamo2000,
I hope you go ahead and join the fun. It's difficult right now to find more raw power and fun for your money than the 109. I think you'll be happy if you make the move.
As for that bike bashing/brand bashing thing, I suspect most of the folks on most of the different bike boards don't like it much more than you do. It's sometimes the stuff we have to weed through, along with the dreaded trolls, to gleen the good info available on these sites. Fortunately, our moderator tries to keep it under control as much as he's able.
Jer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts