M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I stopped by our local bike shop yesterday she wanted to look at the new GSXR 600 as she is getting one this spring. We both are in our 50's and ride sport bikes but have been looking at cruiser's. Just something to ride around on when we just want to move about town.

We have been looking at the V-Rod and Warrior both did nothing for us. But when we looked at the M109 we think this might be our new bike.

Do any of you ride both sportbikes and cruiser's?

How hard was it to get used to the different ridding position?

Our bikes/ hers Yamaha R6, Suzuki SV650, aprilia RS50 scooter/ mine Suzuki GSXR 750, Honda 954 track bike, aprilia rS50 scooter. Our two up touring bike Aprilia Futura.

I have been ridding since 1960, her since 1973 (after she married me).

Just a little history would like to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I changed over from a v-max and love the 109 so much better.  The 9 had a SPIRIT all its own.  Have been on many rockets and love this cruiser better than all (except a haya) still, I dont reret for a second buying the 109.  Perfomance, handling, and looks all in one awsome beast.

·
Registered
638 Posts
switched from a cbr 929 and i wouldnt turn back. its awsome! but just be careful because now you will fall victim to the bike stares! :eek: everytime you ride by anyone. Def get one youll love it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't believe there are dealers out there that won't let you test ride. I can see not lettin a kid test ride a 600, but someone that has a few miles on em wanting to throw down 10k plus... I don't get it

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Its true..I dont know a single dealer in my city (toronto) that would even consider letting someone God forbid test ride a vehicle worth more then $16000! Its not like you need to know if your making a good purchase or something. Makes me SICK!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been buying bikes form these guys for 33 years so that might be part of the deal. The Aprilia dealer let's me test drive bikes too. There are several dealers in KC that will not let anyone test drive a bike, and I am not sure how you would ever want to spend that kind of money on a bike never trying it out.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
effort1,I've test ridden a couple different HDs and Buells out at Gails....but it was during their demo days and you had to ride in a group.Here in South Dakota,the dealers usually have 1 of a specific bike that is used for test rides.I test rode the 109 several times up here!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm in the same boat about dealers not allowing test rides. I'm in NJ, but have gone as far as 150 miles away into upstate NY and PA and CT with still no luck in test rides. I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 places that said they'd allow me to take a spin on one IF they had a pre-owned bike, but none would set up a new bike for me unless I put a down payment on it first. Kinda pointless, right? I mean, a person can total a $50,000 car and possibly be injured or killed just a easily as they can on a $13,000 motorcycle so I don't see what the deal is. So, in the meantime I'm still trying to sell my H-D Deuce. Maybe its just a bad time of year...I've been at it for maybe 2 months now! As Paul Teutul Sr. would say, "I'm gettin' aggravated!".

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you want to do a test ride, I know during both Biketober Fest and Bike week the manufactures have test rides set up for people to ride their different bikes. If there is a similar event near your location. You can look into seeing if they offer the same type of thing.

G

·
I test rode mine before I signed the dotted line... Go for it... You will love her... and will love every single minute after that... :welcome: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
EZRider723 said:
I'm in the same boat about dealers not allowing test rides. I'm in NJ, but have gone as far as 150 miles away into upstate NY and PA and CT with still no luck in test rides. I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 places that said they'd allow me to take a spin on one IF they had a pre-owned bike, but none would set up a new bike for me unless I put a down payment on it first. Kinda pointless, right? I mean, a person can total a $50,000 car and possibly be injured or killed just a easily as they can on a $13,000 motorcycle so I don't see what the deal is. So, in the meantime I'm still trying to sell my H-D Deuce. Maybe its just a bad time of year...I've been at it for maybe 2 months now! As Paul Teutul Sr. would say, "I'm gettin' aggravated!".
:welcome: all Newbies ! !
EZ . . I test rode the 109 twice at Wheels in Toms River . . they kept a dealer demo bike and were more than happy to allow a test ride 'cause it usually made the sale ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
effort1 said:
My wife and I stopped by our local bike shop yesterday she wanted to look at the new GSXR 600 as she is getting one this spring. We both are in our 50's and ride sport bikes but have been looking at cruiser's. Just something to ride around on when we just want to move about town.

We have been looking at the V-Rod and Warrior both did nothing for us. But when we looked at the M109 we think this might be our new bike.

Do any of you ride both sportbikes and cruiser's?

How hard was it to get used to the different ridding position?

I still have my ZRX 11 Kaw and the 109 and it's not that hard to switch back and forth. the 109 makes it a little easier by having decent brakes, handling and power. the first few times you have to remind yourself that your feet go forward to get them on the pegs. the 109 is balanced good and I can stop and balance on it without feet on the ground longer than on the ZRX which is +200 lbs lighter but more topheavy. I don't think you will be disappointed. :bigthumbsup:

Our bikes/ hers Yamaha R6, Suzuki SV650, aprilia RS50 scooter/ mine Suzuki GSXR 750, Honda 954 track bike, aprilia rS50 scooter. Our two up touring bike Aprilia Futura.

I have been ridding since 1960, her since 1973 (after she married me).

Just a little history would like to hear your thoughts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts