M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are thinking about buying a Buell XB12Ss for Sarah there are some real good deals on them at the local H-D store. probably going to go ride it Tuesday, but have to sell the SV first.

We know that the looks arent for everyone but we both really like the way they look.:evil:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I have always been a fan of the XB... :bigthumbsup:

If i was ever to jump into another sport bike though, it would be the Z1000.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
my previous bike was an 06 xb12s awesome bike. simple engine, way out of the box design. eventually il buy another i really miss it. the nine has no character. only thing i would do is swap stock tires use the city x version's pirelli scorpion sync tires then u have a real sweet ride also if shes tall enough use the gel buell seat its a great seat i rode mine all the way from ny to dc in one day then dc to deals gap in another

·
Registered
190 Posts
The XB's are fun, but they're pretty tall. You may want to look into an XB9SL. I think they were discontinued in 2004 or 2005, but they sit lower to the ground. Also look into the XB12CG, they're also lower than the XB12S.

I had an xb9sx for my first bike and I loved it. I was able to flat foot it (6'3'' tall) but my friend (5'8'') was tip toeing it.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am hearing from everyone that these are great and very fun bike to ride. and i guess we will see on Tuesday if she is tall enough for the Ss model. they have a 2007 for $7499. they retailed for $10995 so not bad i guess. im not going to pay what they want for it though.......:evil:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
she is like 5'7'' 5'8'' something like that. she is on the SV flat footed.:dontknow:

ill look up the seat heights on both of them.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
saw a girl here in town riding one of these, and i mean she could RIDE!! her poor boyfriend was way outdone on his ninja and the last i saw of her she was nearly dragging her left knee turning into the mall.

I'd give a lot of thought before buying a buell...remember the braintrust at HD pulled the plug three months ago, which is why they can be had for so little money.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is also on my mind, but they will continue to makes parts available for the next 7 years. that is in the contract. i know i know that contracts can be broken but it is what has been said by tons of people and the guy i talked to tonight so....:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

that might also make it a "collectors" type thing in the future?

like the H-D VR1000>>>Harleys only sportbike try.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
A good friend of mine that I work with has two Buells, a 1999 Cyclone M2 and just sold his 2007 Ulysses after getting a BMW R1200GS. Both are/were good bikes. I looked at getting the XB12 in whatever the Low version was when I was trying to decide on the 109.

I'd still buy the Cyclone off my friend if he would sell it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife's ride

My wife has a XB12P, it is the blacked out police model....she loves her's...she is a little on the tall side though. Makes it a lot more fun to chase her around on the nine......we picked hers up new for 7300...I was very happy about that, since I was expecting to have to chunk out 12k for it before Buell closed shop. Looking back now I wish I would of got one of the 1125's when they were going for 6k. They are fun bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts