M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a Kawasaki KLR 650 and the best deal I have found is $5500.00 OTD at Jorgy's in Stockton, the bike is $4900.00 prep and frieght is $200.00 tax and liscence is $400.00.

Russ was out for a ride last Saturday and he was telling me that he found a deal on the KLR at Tracy Motorsports. I called them on Tuesday this week and asked about the bikes and I was told they had one bike that had a couple of scratches but they are blowing it out at $3699.00 plus fees so I decided to go down there and purchase the bike!

I took off work a couple of hrs and headed to Tracy Motorsports, I called Russ to see if he could meet me there with a truck to haul it home and of course he stepped up and meet me there. I arrived at the store ahead of Russ so I walked in to look at the bike, it had some scratches but for the savings I had no problem with them. I sat down with the dealer and asked how much OTD they broke it down to me this way the bike is on sale for $3699.00 freight is $900.00 prep is $800.00 and tax and liscence is $450.00
Total for the bike on sale is $5849.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

WTF

I asked them how the hell could the bike be $1200.00 cheaper and cost $349.00 more? there reply was we can charge any amount they want for freight and prep then they said they could cut $500.00 off this price but that was the best they could do.
Needless to say we climbed into our vehicles and left.............

LESSONS LEARNED

1) Tracy Motorsports is a dishonest, decieving dealership (ripoffs)

2) DO NOT believe it's a deal because the sale price seems low

3) JORGY'S in Stockton is a up front dealer they will tell you all costs over the phone.

4) Good friends (Russ) "PRICELESS" :bigthumbsup:

I will buy the new bike from Jorgy's !

So much for a deal :eek:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Rick they must get people in there that cant add :eek: when a bike is $1,200 less at selling price you would think there would be the same difference at the OTD price :dontknow: and you cant say two different bikes - same bike same color :chillout:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a friend that they did the same exact thing to! Needless to say he was pretty pissed. He ended up going to PCP in Sac. I think. :dontknow:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep!

I am glad you was there because, hell it is hard to believe myself :dontknow:

You would think with times being so hard right now you would want to grow your buisiness with honesty and trust it will create loyalty and repeat buisiness. :eek:

Rick they must get people in there that cant add :eek: when a bike is $1,200 less at selling price you would think there would be the same difference at the OTD price :dontknow: and you cant say two different bikes - same bike same color :chillout:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure there is alot more people this has happened to with this dealership...........The bad thing is there is a lot of people that dont know and go thru with the deal! I hope when they figure it out they do not go there any more, pretty soon they will be out of buis.....

I have a friend that they did the same exact thing to! Needless to say he was pretty pissed. He ended up going to PCP in Sac. I think. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Dealers can really manipulate the $ numbers huh? freight and prep can be the hidden "costs". When I bought my 109 I dealt with all 5 dealers around the bay area over the phone. I hammered them all back and forth on an OTD price. When I finally got the best deal I knew I could and the guy wrote it up, he had to manipulate the numbers to make the OTD price work. Just goes to show you freight and prep are not numbers written in stone. I didn't care how he did it (I got my bottom line price). I bought my truck the same way and it took them an hour to figure the numbers for their own book keeping.
BTW, the KLR is cool. I'm assuming you're after a street legal dual sport? I salivate over a KTM 530. I've ridden both and the KTM would be my choice. It's more expensive but it's awesome and hard to believe it's street legal. If I had your money Rick, I'd buy one tomorrow :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd stock up on a couple more white wall tires for signing parties!! :a20: Sorry Rick. Just had to throw it in there 1 more time.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
:joke: No if we had Rick money we would buy our buddy one two :clap2::a20:
Hey Rick...I have often wondered why? You just don't get a Boulevard M109R & B done with it! I know your attached to ur Yamaha...just keep it & get a Nine{no white walls!}& ...then U can change ur handle 2 ZukDog:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No doubt the KTM is a cool bike but I can't digest doubling the price!:dontknow:

Dealers can really manipulate the $ numbers huh? freight and prep can be the hidden "costs". When I bought my 109 I dealt with all 5 dealers around the bay area over the phone. I hammered them all back and forth on an OTD price. When I finally got the best deal I knew I could and the guy wrote it up, he had to manipulate the numbers to make the OTD price work. Just goes to show you freight and prep are not numbers written in stone. I didn't care how he did it (I got my bottom line price). I bought my truck the same way and it took them an hour to figure the numbers for their own book keeping.
BTW, the KLR is cool. I'm assuming you're after a street legal dual sport? I salivate over a KTM 530. I've ridden both and the KTM would be my choice. It's more expensive but it's awesome and hard to believe it's street legal. If I had your money Rick, I'd buy one tomorrow :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
yep!

I am glad you was there because, hell it is hard to believe myself :dontknow:

You would think with times being so hard right now you would want to grow your buisiness with honesty and trust it will create loyalty and repeat buisiness. :eek:
Where the pics??? I bet its pink.. Thats probably the reason why you wanted the deal..:joke:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Be sure to go by and visit the saleperson who tryed to rip you of........on your NEW bike!:clap2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts