M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah... I got a tiny chip on the front of the tank... and one recent little guy up top??? I have no clue to how??

I notice you have a pic in frapp of a guy on a blue m109 that's trick'd out and stuff... How'd he get it so early to mod up?? Is it for sale and/or any parts for sale?? I notice it went through a few changes.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WIZARD said:
Yeah... I got a tiny chip on the front of the tank... and one recent little guy up top??? I have no clue to how??

I notice you have a pic in frapp of a guy on a blue m109 that's trick'd out and stuff... How'd he get it so early to mod up?? Is it for sale and/or any parts for sale?? I notice it went through a few changes.
That bike was done by John at Baron's. They got the bike from Suzuki before we did. Not sure if any of those parts are for sale yet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
OAK beat me to saying it, you probably won't need it. You're going to have anywhere from 5-8 total coats of clear once it's all done. Additionally, if you do decide to ude that stuff, give it at least a month to let the clearcoat cure correctly. The final few coats of clear on your bike are going to be HOK UFC35, it stays "buffable" in the event you get any hairline scratches or hazing from your jeans or whatever.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only time I would use it is if I had a bag or something like that strapped to the bike. I put a soft towel underr my bag when I rode back from Americade but it still scuffed up the paint. :realmad: I know that Spike uses this on his custom paint and it's worked well for him. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
BDSBIGZRX I think I know who is getting the special paint job now! cats out of the bag and I had already guessed it when we chatted over on the ZRXOA site. I am going to holla at you this winter on a paint job for my 99 ZRX minus the fairing. I want a style similiar to that dark green one you did with the checkerboard ghosted in but I think I will want black with the checkerboard in silver. We will talk later. watch the fumes.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Isn't this pretty much what that guy was selling in the classified section? His was even pre-cut to fit all the parts of our bike.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Medic1210 said:
Isn't this pretty much what that guy was selling in the classified section? His was even pre-cut to fit all the parts of our bike.
Not sure, do you have a link? The only place I think I'll need it is on the rear when I'm carrying a bag.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toneout said:
Just ask and you shall receive: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1751.0 :bigthumbsup:
Thanks, I remember that now. The one reason I don't like that is it is more of a one shot deal. The stuff I'm looking at "ADHERES BY STATIC: NO ADHESIVE!" The guy I saw that uses it on his bike pulls it off when not in use. That's what I want. :doorag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts