M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about a sissybar here a DRIVER'S backrest. I know it goes against the "muscle" and "lines" of our bike but i was just thinkin i'd love to have one (detachable would be perfect) for the 400 mile days.

Does anyone know if one is in the works?


Thanks

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I just talked to our salesman (Roy at Sunrise Auto and Cycle, Norfolk, VA 757-583-2223) and he said the accessories will be coming along.  He thinks there may alreay be a backrest for the "passenger seat", but not yet for the driver.  If you want to check, call Sunrise and ask for the parts department--they should be able to tell you.  By the way, anyone in the Norfolk area or passing through--Check out Roy at Sunrise and tell him Susan M. sent you--you'll get a better deal.  It's a great bike shop, we've bought 3 bikes there (2001 CBR 1000RR, 2004 RI, and now 2006 silver M109R.  The last two were gifts I surprised my husband (thxwiff) with. 

Enjoy the ride 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
ns2973 said:
I'm not talking about a sissybar here a DRIVER'S backrest. I know it goes against the "muscle" and "lines" of our bike but i was just thinkin i'd love to have one (detachable would be perfect) for the 400 mile days.Â

Does anyone know if one is in the works?

Thanks

Nick
I doubt Suzuki will offer one. The never have before, ever for their more "traditional" cruiser/touring models.

I understand Corbin is on the case though, and I'll bet they will have something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
I've never riddin a bike with a drivers backrest. I bet it would be nice on a long ride. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
bkseatrider said:
I just talked to our salesman (Roy at Sunrise Auto and Cycle, Norfolk, VA 757-583-2223) and he said the accessories will be coming along. He thinks there may alreay be a backrest for the "passenger seat", but not yet for the driver. If you want to check, call Sunrise and ask for the parts department--they should be able to tell you. By the way, anyone in the Norfolk area or passing through--Check out Roy at Sunrise and tell him Susan M. sent you--you'll get a better deal. It's a great bike shop, we've bought 3 bikes there (2001 CBR 1000RR, 2004 RI, and now 2006 silver M109R. The last two were gifts I surprised my husband (thxwiff) with.Â

Enjoy the ride 8)
I bought a 2002 R1 from them, it is a great shop, I'm trying to talk some of my friends up here into riding down there for some Sonic burgers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slickdj96 said:
I've never riddin a bike with a drivers backrest. I bet it would be nice on a long ride. :bigthumbsup:
I've been riding an electra glide w/ a backrest from harley. IT really isn't a comparison. I love the m109r above all others but the backrest is SUCH a load off your back AND shoulders you wouldn't believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
There's a guy on the VolusiaRiders board that makes them for most of the other Boulevards, and all of them fit with the stock seats. I will give him a shout and see what his plans are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Never would I ride with a back-rest again.I had a 2004 wing loaded,it was so comfortable,but you are trapped in with a back rest,I had a woman in my lane ,I could not stop,so I laid it down,and could not get my left leg out from under the bike.I broke it in two places,horizontal and vertical,now sport a metal plate about 18" long in my leg.I figured out why I could not get my leg out.BACKREST.that's just me they are great,but I think would look goofey on the M.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top