M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Ride Sky Line Drive - I understand that you can use (or share, in our case) the ticket for 7 days... so I must either cost share with someone or make sure to share my ticket, but I MUST ride Skyline Drive next year!

2. Take a Veterans & Active Duty Military Photo - Will have to give Credit to JDMitchell for this one, but we had a LOT of Veterans and Active Duty Military folks there... it would be nice to get a picture taken of all of us at once

3. Help Ryan put together Awards for: Longest Distance Traveled (Both Trailered and Rode), Best in Show, Most Improved, Best LED's, Most Miles Ridden While At the Meet and __________ (what else can you think of??) - we had a LOT of nice looking bikes, and we had folks from as far away as Canada... 10 and 12 hour rides to get there were more common than you'd imagine... it'd be nice to recognize the over achievers....

what else can you guys think of???

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
3. Help Ryan put together Awards for: Longest Distance Traveled (Both Trailered and Rode), Best in Show, Most Improved, Best LED's, Most Miles Ridden While At the Meet and __________ (what else can you think of??) - we had a LOT of nice looking bikes, and we had folks from as far away as Canada... 10 and 12 hour rides to get there were more common than you'd imagine... it'd be nice to recognize the over achievers....
I was thinking of that for next year. I could paper awards inexpensively or I could go all out and do plaques. But I think people would prefer the plaques.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How about someone design a little patch with rockers for the years that its been held? I attend the Rattle The Runway ride every year, which is a 9/11 memorial ride from Dulles Airport to the Pentagon. They've got an awesome patch and rocker, and I was thinking about this yesterday that it would be a good thing to have for the meet.

I've been to a few rallys where they've held little contests, like a slowest bike run (winner is slowest to the finish line, and cant hit the brake or something like that), and agility drills thru cones. Not sure if there is an area down there that something like that could be held, but it might be an idea to think about.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
1. Ride Sky Line Drive - I understand that you can use (or share, in our case) the ticket for 7 days... so I must either cost share with someone or make sure to share my ticket, but I MUST ride Skyline Drive next year!
There is NO WAY i want anything to do with that road. That was the worst. We had to pull over several times because we were all falling asleep. 35mph the whole way. No thanks. Even the guys that wanted to do the scenic stuff thought it was boring. I personally want nothing to do with that stretch.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There is NO WAY i want anything to do with that road. That was the worst. We had to pull over several times because we were all falling asleep. 35mph the whole way. No thanks. Even the guys that wanted to do the scenic stuff thought it was boring. I personally want nothing to do with that stretch.
Yeah, definitely not a road you want to lead a big group on. The Rangers out there dont play either, they will ticket you quick.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
This is what made 70-100 mile rides feel like 250-300 mile rides. Same amount of time in the saddle.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My idea would be to reward those who attend the meet and participate in activities.

Some people just showed up for the drawing then as soon as it was over ran back out, didn't do one single ride with anyone or came to any group meal. So I might suggest instead of just giving you a ticket right before the drawing, those who are participating get extra tickets.

So it would be that everyone gets a ticket at the drawing.
But if you went to a group dinner you get an extra ticket, but you can only get one extra ticket for any of the three dinners.
Go on a group ride, get a ticket...etc.
That way it encourages everyone to get to know each other and mix things up a bit.

Jusayn.... <---keeps me out of trouble.:D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
:agree: We've ridden that stretch of road more than once, and they were never as strict about busting people's chops over the speed limit as they were this weekend. Ruined the ride for me...I honestly don't know how to handle a sweeper at that slow a speed, LMAO!! I thought my bike was gonna just fall over! :eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
:agree: We've ridden that stretch of road more than once, and they were never as strict about busting people's chops over the speed limit as they were this weekend. Ruined the ride for me...I honestly don't know how to handle a sweeper at that slow a speed, LMAO!! I thought my bike was gonna just fall over! :eek:
:a20:
Now I know we made the right choice when pondering :dontknow:whether to go Blue Ridge or Skyline.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
SKY - LINE

I would say if you have never done SKY-LINE it was worth doing once. I proably won't do it again but I got some of the best pictures. Matt (FuturR) did a good job of keeping us moving and stopping for pictures. I think it has a lot to do with the group you pick because we had a good time up there. Yes it was slow but very picturesque!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I would say if you have never done SKY-LINE it was worth doing once. I proably won't do it again but I got some of the best pictures. Matt (FuturR) did a good job of keeping us moving and stopping for pictures. I think it has a lot to do with the group you pick because we had a good time up there. Yes it was slow but very picturesque!

:agree: It is one of those things that is great to be able to say you have done once. But I will try and tear up the twisties a bit more next year. The road that Duende01 coasted (since the flashing fuel light dosen't mean 130 miles remaining like he originally thought :joke:)down was great, straight off the BRP into Beuna Vista.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
My idea would be to reward those who attend the meet and participate in activities.

Some people just showed up for the drawing then as soon as it was over ran back out, didn't do one single ride with anyone or came to any group meal. So I might suggest instead of just giving you a ticket right before the drawing, those who are participating get extra tickets.

So it would be that everyone gets a ticket at the drawing.
But if you went to a group dinner you get an extra ticket, but you can only get one extra ticket for any of the three dinners.
Go on a group ride, get a ticket...etc.
That way it encourages everyone to get to know each other and mix things up a bit.

Jusayn.... <---keeps me out of trouble.:D
What, two isn't a group? :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
:agree: It is one of those things that is great to be able to say you have done once. But I will try and tear up the twisties a bit more next year. The road that Duende01 coasted (since the flashing fuel light dosen't mean 130 miles remaining like he originally thought :joke:)down was great, straight off the BRP into Beuna Vista.
That was HWY 60, where the wreck happened, if you like twisties try the exit off the BRP at Steele's Tavern..................

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
How about someone design a little patch with rockers for the years that its been held? I attend the Rattle The Runway ride every year, which is a 9/11 memorial ride from Dulles Airport to the Pentagon. They've got an awesome patch and rocker, and I was thinking about this yesterday that it would be a good thing to have for the meet.

I've been to a few rallys where they've held little contests, like a slowest bike run (winner is slowest to the finish line, and cant hit the brake or something like that), and agility drills thru cones. Not sure if there is an area down there that something like that could be held, but it might be an idea to think about.
Funny that you mention something like that. I brought up the idea to Carol that makes the T shirts. That maybe she should offer people to buy the collection of meet shirts since the first meet in Ashville in 07. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That was HWY 60, where the wreck happened, if you like twisties try the exit off the BRP at Steele's Tavern..................
Isn't 211 another one of those twisty roads off the BRP that heads down the mountain...or is that off Skyline Drive? ??? All I remember is that it's one of the best little roads...super technical turns and just as much fun going up as it was going down. (perverts, just leave that one alone, LOL) ;)

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Awesome idea bro! :a18:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Isn't 211 another one of those twisty roads off the BRP that heads down the mountain...or is that off Skyline Drive? ??? All I remember is that it's one of the best little roads...super technical turns and just as much fun going up as it was going down. (perverts, just leave that one alone, LOL) ;)
Rt. 211 crosses over Skyline Drive. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
211 is where the Chicken Fried Steak is Mary.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts