M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally cooling off a "little" during the afternoon so I go for a ride down 415. The :edit: LOVE BUGS are back. Had to buy a new shield for my helmet. :-[ Watch out for pastures!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Finally cooling off a "little" during the afternoon so I go for a ride down 415. The :edit: LOVE BUGS are back. Had to buy a new shield for my helmet. :-[ Watch out for pastures!
I need them! I own two car washes in Bradenton... Badly hurt with the economy... Got to love the bugs!:joke:

·
Registered
824 Posts
best thing I use is the honda spray cleaner/polish, it's easy to take with you and does a great job getting the bugs off, I also use the micro fiber towels.
Ain't it great, we finally get some decent weather and the bugs come out!

·
Registered
544 Posts
i hate to bug you guys,,,,,no pun intended!! Im in the proccess of moving to florida.My work is in the orlando area but i can live anywhere within a couple hrs. from there. Any suggestions on wheres a good place to live? Ill be in florida by oct.4th!

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
824 Posts
Depends on what you want, I hate the busy city so I would move towards Ocala, but you can live on either coast and be within 2 hours, so if the Beach is your thing look there. If you want less traffic and a more calm life, go north, lots of places within 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Do you have to travel to Orlando everyday or you're going to work from your house?
I-4 could be a pain if you have to commute everyday!
I'm located in Bradenton/Sarasota and its great here. Closed to Tampa, Orlando, Naples and the beaches are gorgeous!
My friend moved from Miami to Jacksonville and he is loving it! It depends how much travel you have (or willing) to do.
I came from NY pal and the last thing I wanted to do is to spend 8 hours in traffic everyday!
My 2 cents... Welcome to Florida!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes just about every day ill have to travel into Orlando and Winter park.I was in sarasota in APRIL,beautiful area. Ive heared the horror stories about I-4,I WOULD LIKE TO AVOID IT IF POSSIBLE.Im originally from Staten Island but been living in Vermont past 20 yrs,its time to bail on these crazy winters.

Mike

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes just about every day ill have to travel into Orlando and Winter park.I was in sarasota in APRIL,beautiful area. Ive heared the horror stories about I-4,I WOULD LIKE TO AVOID IT IF POSSIBLE.Im originally from Staten Island but been living in Vermont past 20 yrs,its time to bail on these crazy winters.

Mike
You're coming to the right place trying to bail from the crazy winter. Florida seasons are : Hot, Hotter, Hottest and Toasted!:joke:
My suggestion is that you stay around Orlando my friend. I-4 is almost like trying to get to NYC taking Major Deegan Expwy at 5:00PM when the Yankees are playing!
Good luck with your search.
H

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you locate north of Orlando you avoid most of I-4 but then you run into the cost of the turnpike, about $6.00 each way.
I only go to Orlando once in a while, it is a 2 hour drive from Keystone but if you have a traffic problem you could double that.
I think the east coast Beaches get you away from Orlando and you don't have to deal with I-4 or the turn pike.
Maybe some others that commute there can comment.
I have a friend that works there, he lives in Orange City and commutes everyday. Not a bad place, kinda laid back

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I lived in Tallahassee for 3 years I remember those f'en things! But don't miss them.... However if I was the car wash owner. I'd prey they come early! Like Body shop owners, love snow and Ice storms:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well one could always move further north where many of us are looking at storing out bikes for the up and coming winter months..... Hmmmm.... would I trade with you right now.......HELL YA!!!!
:) Enjoy the bug issues and go support our member who owns those car washes. ;)

Cheers from your northern brethern.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts