M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure in some states and provinces they have already put this into effect. The gov't has been dancing around this issue for a few years now, but they finally made it a law. No motorbike can be over 90 db while idling and can't go over 95 db when driving. The stupid part of it is that it only applies to motorbikes. A local news station went around testing Trucks, some modded civics (neons, etc), rigs, school buses and city buses and all of them were well over 95 db. My only question is why?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Easy targets, and the media has the general public convinced that all bikes are noisy and dangerous.
That's exactly right....motorcyclists are a minority compared to auto drivers even though the cage drivers that mod there vehicles are probably less then the bikers that do. The general public see this as a restriction on a "bad" group that they are not part of in there minds= easy target.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bikes are an easy target. It doesn't help either that as an overall group we have the largest percentage of offenders.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm sure in some states and provinces they have already put this into effect. The gov't has been dancing around this issue for a few years now, but they finally made it a law. No motorbike can be over 90 db while idling and can't go over 95 db when driving. The stupid part of it is that it only applies to motorbikes. A local news station went around testing Trucks, some modded civics (neons, etc), rigs, school buses and city buses and all of them were well over 95 db. My only question is why?
You in the Edmonton area by chance? It's jus been passed here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
what happens to tourist.

So how does the noise bylaw work for people driving through Sherwood park while traveling to another city are they going to stop travelers and ticket them sounds like a good way to keep people from traveling through Edmonton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts