Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:Anyone know of a 180 F thermostat for the M109R ? Thank you , OLE MAN

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
I've never seen anything other than the OEM thermostat for this bike, and I'm not sure what the opening point of it is. You might get lucky and find one from another bike that fits it.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to change it? My fan seldom comes on even on a hot day unless I'm stopped a lot in traffic. I never felt it was running too hot.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I've never seen anything other than the OEM thermostat for this bike, and I'm not sure what the opening point of it is. You might get lucky and find one from another bike that fits it.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to change it? My fan seldom comes on even on a hot day unless I'm stopped a lot in traffic. I never felt it was running too hot.
:agree:

If you are trying to run it cooler, it will more then likely effect the performance.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
starts opening at 190, fully open at 195. the stock t-stat has a special "jiggler" valve built into it similiar to the bypass hole on automobile t-stats but I believe it is there since the t-stat is mounted vertically. automotive t-stats will match the size of the stocker but you might have to grind down the lip on the auto type but I do not know if the bypass will work properly in this application plus the ECU may think the bike is still cool and keep feeding her a richer mixture. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts