M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
That is A Most Professional looking Install , , I would guess you Tied in to the existing coolant temp , Where do you get the Oil temp from ?

LOOKS GREAT !

:congrats:

·
Supporting Vendor
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is A Most Professional looking Install , , I would guess you Tied in to the existing coolant temp , Where do you get the Oil temp from ?

LOOKS GREAT !

Thanks bro

Oil temp sensor location is in oil pan.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Best looking and most informative mod yet. To me, I want all the stats from the engine I can get. I like this the best of the mods in the past couple of years. Great job!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Rainey, you never cease to amaze me. I currently have one of your GiPro riser caps. Any chance you will be making these temp. units available?

·
Supporting Vendor
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rainey, you never cease to amaze me. I currently have one of your GiPro riser caps. Any chance you will be making these temp. units available?
Thanks bro

Oil temp meter kit is finished.
But the issue is in water temp.
Because the buyer need cut the upper coolant hose and install the sensor mount in it.
I got finger out the most easy way for it.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Where do you get the Oil temp from ?
The easiest way I have found is to buy a oil temp. sending unit that matches the threads on the oil drain pan bolt. Then just use some type of removable connector so you can remove it to drain the oil. VDO has many sizes available, in both SAE and metric.

I have used this method on several bikes, and I just use a small alligator clip to attach the wire to the sending unit. Works like a charm.

As for the "gauges" shown here, I am old-fashioned and would prefer analog type gauges. I am going to replace the tach with a Autometer Pro Cycle unit. After that I will probably mount some Autometer gauges to either side of it. But since I have a oil temp gauge installed as the dipstick, I'll probably go water temperature and oil pressure.

As for what the Autometer Procycle tach looks like, see here.

·
Registered
561 Posts

LOOKS GREAT !

Existing coolant temp??? Mine doesn't show the coolant temp!!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
First off everything you do is top notch quality. :bigthumbsup:

I think your instrument cluster is waaaay too busy and unnessacary. But I guess if your an electrical junkie your loving it. Do you really need to know what your water & oil temps are?

Are your running a flux capacitor for all the electrical add on's and LED's you got going on your bike? :joke:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That looks good, you can never have to much information. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts