M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I got out for some nice riding this weekend on my new 9. I took off work Saturday and rode with some friends, put about 100 miles on it that day, some real nice slow backroads, and some real fast two lane roads(guess who was up front on them? :D). The wife had been sick earlier this week and hadn't got to ride until yesterday, we rode a little over 120 miles yesterday. She had never ridden a bike before, I had all of my other bikes before she and I met so I was a little curious how she would like it, she loved it :bigthumbsup:. I took her out early yesterday morning before we met up with my friends to get her a little used to the feel of riding, after about 20 minutes she started calming down and relaxing on it. We met up with some of my friends for a nice ride, we intended on about a 200 mile ride but one of my friends bike broke a belt(yep, a HARLEY :eek:), but seriously, his bike is a 2001 road king with over 20,000 miles on it and that's the first time it's ever had anything happen to it. Unfortunatly that delayed us about an hour or so waiting for someone to come pick him and his bike up so we had to cut our ride short, but it was still wonderful for she and I. I asked her several times about the comfort of the bike and she said she never felt like she needed to stop to rest, she thought it was very comfortable, and we don't even have the backrest on yet. The bike suprised me at how well it handled with both of us on it, it handled all of the turns just like I was by myself and we were at 115 mph at one point and the bike felt like it was glued to the ground. I can't wait until the weather fairs up so we can take some good long rides and hopefully meet up with some of the members on here.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Congratulations ye ha she's hooked maybe you can buy her a Suzuki 650CC bike to learn on and then go up from there. You two are going to have a blast, i still have not doubled on my M yet the Hubby said I should wait one more season before I scare the pants off a passenger. I'm glad to hear the bike handles so well with two up. Say hi to your wife for me let her see this pic this is my first bike, this is the easiest bike to learn on and has top dollar trade in if you buy new and trade up the fallowing year I only lost 400 dollars on my trade in. This bike can do the speed limit on the hyway. i hope i get a chance to meet you on one of your rides.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Hey nice bike is this her starter bike?? Look-en good has she said when or if she wants to step up to a heavier bike? Personally I couldn't hardly wait to get on a heavier bike as it is so much more stable in the wind and such. Does she have any intrest? How can you tell i want to see more Wife's on there own M sure would be a nice Xmas gift..

·
Registered
600 Posts
toddnval said:
Hi all, I got out for some nice riding this weekend on my new 9. I took off work Saturday and rode with some friends, put about 100 miles on it that day, some real nice slow backroads, and some real fast two lane roads(guess who was up front on them? :D). The wife had been sick earlier this week and hadn't got to ride until yesterday, we rode a little over 120 miles yesterday. She had never ridden a bike before, I had all of my other bikes before she and I met so I was a little curious how she would like it, she loved it :bigthumbsup:. I took her out early yesterday morning before we met up with my friends to get her a little used to the feel of riding, after about 20 minutes she started calming down and relaxing on it. We met up with some of my friends for a nice ride, we intended on about a 200 mile ride but one of my friends bike broke a belt(yep, a HARLEY :eek:), but seriously, his bike is a 2001 road king with over 20,000 miles on it and that's the first time it's ever had anything happen to it. Unfortunately that delayed us about an hour or so waiting for someone to come pick him and his bike up so we had to cut our ride short, but it was still wonderful for she and I. I asked her several times about the comfort of the bike and she said she never felt like she needed to stop to rest, she thought it was very comfortable, and we don't even have the backrest on yet. The bike surprised me at how well it handled with both of us on it, it handled all of the turns just like I was by myself and we were at 115 mph at one point and the bike felt like it was glued to the ground. I can't wait until the weather fairs up so we can take some good long rides and hopefully meet up with some of the members on here.
Me and the missus put about 3,500-4,000 two-up miles on the M this past summer and had a blast doing it :bigthumbsup: I still don't have a backrest for her... haven't seen one that has the combination of good looks, sturdy enough to strap an overnight bag to, and ease of removal (comes off with the pillion seat). We're gonna do another summer on the M next year, then she's gonna pick out a more touring-friendly motorcycle - not to replace the M with - but one that will be more comfortable for lengthy trips.
I agree that the M handles great with a passenger... a lot of the time, the only way I knew she was riding with me was when I felt her grab two handfulls of my jacket, anticipating me twisting the throttle :doorag:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Me and the missus put about 3,500-4,000 two-up miles on the M this past summer and had a blast doing it :bigthumbsup: I still don't have a backrest for her... haven't seen one that has the combination of good looks, sturdy enough to strap an overnight bag to, and ease of removal (comes off with the pillion seat).

Hi Trouble_Is :p

Love the pic of yours above. What a view :yikes:

I personally think this one fits the bill perfectly :bigthumbsup:

Couple of options:

Full custom dual seat + bar and rack.

Original seats with modded pillion seat. Same bar and rack.

Both require no bike mods and come on and off with the seat :D

Available from Metcruze. http://www.metcruze.com.au/index.html

I've got a custom solo seat on the way :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had seen the original Metcruse backrest, but not one like yours with the small rack, mustaffa :bigthumbsup: Now that the snow is flying and it's colder than a cast-iron toilet on the shady side of an iceberg, I think I may send a seat their way and have them fix me up one of those. Thanks for the pics and info! :beer3:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
I had seen the original Metcruse backrest, but not one like yours with the small rack, mustaffa :bigthumbsup: Now that the snow is flying and it's colder than a cast-iron toilet on the shady side of an iceberg, I think I may send a seat their way and have them fix me up one of those. Thanks for the pics and info! :beer3:
You're most welcome :D

Johnno sat on my custom seat on the weekend and was very impressed with the comfort. You may want to consider the full seat and rack option.

Trouble_Is said:
Now that the snow is flying and it's colder than a cast-iron toilet on the shady side of an iceberg
:a20:
Bugger about your weather :( It's fairly cool here today also. Only 24degC (75degF) :joke:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mustaffa,
Checked the link and couldn't find option 2 "Original seats with modded pillion seat. Same bar and rack." Is this custom work. Did you send your pillion seat in? May I ask how much?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Bullwhip said:
Mustaffa,
Checked the link and couldn't find option 2 "Original seats with modded pillion seat. Same bar and rack." Is this custom work. Did you send your pillion seat in? May I ask how much?
Thanks
I was speaking to Garry from Metcruze only two days ago and he admits he's been slack updating his site. Send him an email and he'll know what you're on about. Johnno put me onto him :bigthumbsup: Feel free to mention me and he'll know which one you're after. He mightn't know my tag but he'll remember the 9. Left it with him for 2 weeks and I believe he enjoyed the ride :D

Yes I sent him my seat. Mine was turned around same day :bigthumbsup: From memory it was about $360AUD + freight. He has a couple of bar heights. This is the taller of the two. I liked the mod so much I contacted him about custom seats. My dual seat is the first one he's made. I like it :D Looking forward to my solo seat, again the first one he's made :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts