M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a guy selling this stuff (The Ultimate ProWax) at a stand on post today, and watched his demonstration. was advertised as a "spray on dirty vehicle, wipe off for a showroom shine" product. i'm always leary about this "miracle" stuff, but i bought 1 can just for the heck of it. was suprised to see that it works as advertised. ended up doing my whole bike and jeep and they look great. used it on the chrome, glass, paint, wheels, etc...everything but tires. didn't wash either of them, and used a microfiber cloth. both of them look like they were washed, waxed, and polished on everything but the tires.

supposedly you can get it from fairs and these little stands, not sure where else. made by LeighLee, LLC. gonna go back and load up on a few cans (comes in a spray paint type can).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Walmart has something similar called PIG SPIT. It's in the automotive section with the few bike helmets. Works great.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Honda offers a "spray cleaner and polish" that removes bugs, tar,grime,grease,etc. polishes paint,chrome,glass and plastic. it's also anti-static keeping the dust off! It repels water like wax but it's aerosol. 14oz can usually sells for 6-7 bucks but it lasts a long time.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BIGD... said:
Honda offers a "spray cleaner and polish" that removes bugs, tar,grime,grease,etc. polishes paint,chrome,glass and plastic. it's also anti-static keeping the dust off! It repels water like wax but it's aerosol. 14oz can usually sells for 6-7 bucks but it lasts a long time.
Yeah, it's called Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. I've used it since I got my bike. Unfortunately the "anti-static to keep dust off" is a stretch. I still regularly use a california duster on my bike, and it even leaves little threads stuck to the bike by static. Still like the stuff.

Any company that tells you to use their stuff on a dirty bike is crazy. That's just begging for swirl marks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are several brands of this spray wax, Easy Wax, Ultimate Wax, etc. It works well, but I hat smearing the dirt and grime without water. As for the Honda Polish, I love it but my wife busted my balls by pointing out that it says not to use on painted finishes, right on the can!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
FL109er said:
it says not to use on painted finishes, right on the can!!!
Huh? :dontknow: Ok, you got me... I fell for it... I actually went outside and looked. Not sure what you got, but Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish in the black and white with pink lettering can has no such statement. The only thing it says not for use on is Fabric.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I would be very careful about trying to polish a dirty bike especially one with a very thin clear coat like our 109's have from factory. You are begging for some very harsh Swirls marks in the least and at worse some very bad scratches. If its dirty wash it first don't be lazy. Or if its anything other then silver you should paint it silver because not only is it the fastest color it is also the cleanest color :joke:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Latinrascal said:
I would be very careful about trying to polish a dirty bike especially one with a very thin clear coat like our 109's have from factory. You are begging for some very harsh Swirls marks in the least and at worse some very bad scratches. If its dirty wash it first don't be lazy. Or if its anything other then silver you should paint it silver because not only is it the fastest color it is also the cleanest color :joke:
I agree....the clear is very soft and thin. I always wash my bike first, then spray it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've used the Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish ever since I got my bike and love it just make sure that you spray it on the micro fiber cloth first and then the bike for best results. They also make another cleaner that's just for plastic parts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know this is an old post and I am not trying to beat a dead horse, even though it is one...
I am looking at a can of Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish which according to the front of the can "Quickly cleans, polishes and protects chrome". On the back of the can it says "Note: For chrome and unpainted surfaces only. Not for use on fabric...".

I have been using it on every square inch of my bikes for years and this only became an issue when I was scolded for spraying it on the hood of the wife's new Lexus.

I agree with you guys, it is good sh*t and I still use it even though...maybe I got a "special edition batch" :eek:

G

·
I learned my lesson the hard way!! Thats all i used last summer was spray detailers. Now my clear looks like SH%T!!! If your bike is dirty you MUST at least rinse it off first!! Road dust is like sand paper when it sticks to the fiber of a cloth!! I am having the clear on my bike re-done as soon as I get it back from getting the chrome done. Good thing I have a friend that paints...he is only charging me for materials to clear it!! I see a steak dinner in my buddies future!! LOL!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
FL109er said:
I know this is an old post and I am not trying to beat a dead horse, even though it is one...
I am looking at a can of Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish which according to the front of the can "Quickly cleans, polishes and protects chrome". On the back of the can it says "Note: For chrome and unpainted surfaces only. Not for use on fabric...".

I have been using it on every square inch of my bikes for years and this only became an issue when I was scolded for spraying it on the hood of the wife's new Lexus.

I agree with you guys, it is good sh*t and I still use it even though...maybe I got a "special edition batch" :eek:
ok, you made me look too. I have two sizes of this stuff. I carry the little 5oz can of Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish with me to clean my faceshield. Both cans read the same, "Quickly cleans, polishes & protects entire vehicle. Roadside detailer - Cleans road grime, grease, and bugs without water. Polishes paint, chrome, glass and clear plastic. Protects vinyl, plastic and rubber. blah, blah, blah" The only "not" is, "Not recommended for fabrics."

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: The Ultimate ProWax MYSTERY SOLVED !!!!

You wouldn't believe it, I will take a picture if I have to. There are two versions of the ProHonda Spray Cleaner and Polish. They both have the exact same UPC code, but one label calls it a Chrome Polish, the other calls it an entire vehicle polish or something close to that. I don't know what the distinction is, in my opinion they are exactly the same. I think someone's paint (custom or otherwise) was reported damaged by the product and they put the additional language in there. I am so happy to have resolution. I get to tell my wife that I was not wrong to spray the stuff all over her car. More importantly, I don't feel bad for bathing my 109 in it. Happy waxing!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
saw a guy selling this stuff (The Ultimate ProWax) at a stand on post today, and watched his demonstration. was advertised as a "spray on dirty vehicle, wipe off for a showroom shine" product. i'm always leary about this "miracle" stuff, but i bought 1 can just for the heck of it. was suprised to see that it works as advertised. ended up doing my whole bike and jeep and they look great. used it on the chrome, glass, paint, wheels, etc...everything but tires. didn't wash either of them, and used a microfiber cloth. both of them look like they were washed, waxed, and polished on everything but the tires.

supposedly you can get it from fairs and these little stands, not sure where else. made by LeighLee, LLC. gonna go back and load up on a few cans (comes in a spray paint type can).
I bought this stuff ( about 4 cans) several years ago and it was great, Now I am trying to find it. I know this is an OLD post but it came up in theh search for the cleaner wax.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Unless the Honda Spray Cleaner is from old stock, it's the new forumation and it's not as good as it used to be. The original forumaltion was bought out by another company and is now called Original Bike Sprits. This is good stuff and I use it on my bike all the time, but I don't use it as a cleaner. I prefer to use nothing but water and microfiber towels to clean, then I use the OBS as a polish. It leaves a damn nice shine too.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mothers California Gold.......good chit man!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts