M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was expirimenting with the SET valve , that is supposed to improve low rpm performance and found that my bike feels like it runs allot better with it un hooked or all the way open to allow maximum exhaust flow. If you unhook it, it is spring loaded to the fully opened position. Now granted I have also modified my stock exhaust with a 1 3/8 hole saw and richened the fuel mixture by using a 3.3 k ohm resistor at the IAT SENSOR connector to make the computer think it is 30 degrees air entering the air box. The last thing Have done was un hook the SET valve and it DEFINITELY has more power from idle to redline. P.S. DOOR BELL JUST RANG AND MY JACKET JUST ARRIVED .

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maniac did you or have you seen the FI light come on since experimenting? I am attempting to make a new exhaust and I got the FI light.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just disconnected thanks for the tip, so this is what i found. i have a stock exhaust and no air filter mods, seems like there is a little more power in the mid rpm range from 3500 to around 5000 rpm, not too noticable but thats were i feel it, more important than that is that it gets rid of all the back pressure in the low rpm you kinda lose that on the gas of the gas surge. i think its worth doing it just seems more smooth and refined in the low range with a liitle bit more earlier we all know its good from 4 grand up this helps it kick in a little sooner.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSXR_Drew said:
You sound like an old Gixxer or Busa rider...those are some old school tricks!! :bigthumbsup:
Good guess , I had a GSXR 1000 AND THEY SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT IT AND MINE RAN BETTER WITH IT UN HOOKED .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wildracing22 said:
Maniac did you or have you seen the FI light come on since experimenting? I am attempting to make a new exhaust and I got the FI light.
YES I do , but it wont hurt anything other than the annoying light . I am working on a way to trick the computer into thinking it is there . On the GSXR 1000 I owned there was a little plug that simulated the servo when a aftermarket exhaust is installed. Iam sure they will be out soon and if not I will figure it out and let ya know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BGNICK said:
just disconnected thanks for the tip, so this is what i found. i have a stock exhaust and no air filter mods, seems like there is a little more power in the mid rpm range from 3500 to around 5000 rpm, not too noticable but thats were i feel it, more important than that is that it gets rid of all the back pressure in the low rpm you kinda lose that on the gas of the gas surge. i think its worth doing it just seems more smooth and refined in the low range with a liitle bit more earlier we all know its good from 4 grand up this helps it kick in a little sooner.
Exactly what I noticed , but I think it also helped the top end RPM range. I went to were I always do my 1/4 mile roll ons and I would always before go thru at about 114 mph to were I am now going thru at 116 speedo indicated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cool cant wait to get out on the highway i was hoping it would do more top end also but didnt have time to go too far to really open her up. o and by the way my FI light didn't come on but remember i still have a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
438 Posts
maniac m109r .. do you have any way to get us a sound clip of that exhaust and pics of how you cut it. i have been waiting to hear someones bike after the hole saw trick. thanks man

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TonyRumble said:
maniac m109r .. do you have any way to get us a sound clip of that exhaust and pics of how you cut it. i have been waiting to hear someones bike after the hole saw trick. thanks man
Trying to get a digital cam corder.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey yall. I also drilled out my pipes, added K&N's to the intakes and installed a Fi2000 fuel injection mapper. It is really nice and was meant to be modded for performance. I will try to upload a clip for the board. I am thinking about doing something with the exhaust as well. I think I might completely cut out and remove the whole cat. and valve assembly and weld in a couple of pipes in their place going back to the stock pipes. Not sure though. I might spring for a new aftermarket set.

·
Registered
438 Posts
pizzmor said:
Hey yall. I also drilled out my pipes, added K&N's to the intakes and installed a Fi2000 fuel injection mapper. It is really nice and was meant to be modded for performance. I will try to upload a clip for the board. I am thinking about doing something with the exhaust as well. I think I might completely cut out and remove the whole cat. and valve assembly and weld in a couple of pipes in their place going back to the stock pipes. Not sure though. I might spring for a new aftermarket set.
pics on how you drilled the pipes and a sound clip would be great !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts