M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Yamaha house today with some friends. They were having a bike wash & my bike was dirty so I figured it would be fun. Anyway went into the showroom and there sat the new Stratoliner Deluxe. Man I have never really looked at this bike but with the new hard bags and new front end it looks really sharp! The amplified speakers and I Pod interface seem to be a nice touch too. Girlfriend is wanting a 109 might just give her mine and trade in her Warrior! Anyone have one or got anything good or bad to say about it?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Slow and gutless compared to the 109. My father in law owns one. It takes a ton of RPMs before you even feel like you can accelerate. Im not a fan of the bike overall, but yamaha did some great things with quick-detaching accessories.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It has a poor GVW limit compared to Victory and Harley. Only allows for under 400 lbs...so don't date fat chicks or carry more then a days worth of clothes at the same time...unless your under a buck fifty yourself. And by the way I wouldn't call 12.66 /102.59mph in the 1/4 slow nor would I call 4.1 seconds to 60 gutless...the nine only musters 3.89 to 60.....remember ladies this is a full sized bagger not a power cruiser.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i understand what you guys are saying about the 17,500 but thow some corbin bags and a fairing on a brand new 9 and where are you. probably not far from that number. im not saying i would buy a stratoliner im just saying.:dontknow:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
So uhhh, they're having a bike wash and you have no pics of hotties to show us?:dontknow:

·
Registered
325 Posts
the august cycleworld has a short comparo of the yamaha vs cross country vs street glide. the m109 is great for blowing out cobwebs but if I wanted to really put on some miles a slightly calmer bike might be warranted especially when tired.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It has a poor GVW limit compared to Victory and Harley. Only allows for under 400 lbs...so don't date fat chicks or carry more then a days worth of clothes at the same time...unless your under a buck fifty yourself. And by the way I wouldn't call 12.66 /102.59mph in the 1/4 slow nor would I call 4.1 seconds to 60 gutless...the nine only musters 3.89 to 60.....remember ladies this is a full sized bagger not a power cruiser.
The bike I road is an 07 and doesn't have the full fairing. Either way, it is no 9 and FEELS a ton slower especially off the line. I easily pull away from it no matter the gear or speed. This is my personal experience as what was asked for. Thanks...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments....1st off riding any other crusiers are gonna feel lazy after riding a 9. The fact your giving up almost 2000 rpms since the Stratoliner is done at 5500 rpm will really be noticable. Honestly 91HP & 117Tq @ the wheel doesnt seem too low. Guess what I fell in love with is the looks. A really nice bagger with some curves & not the same ol same ol from you know who. I just have to get over the 17K price tag. Then mabey!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
my father rides one...it is a really nice bike that moves a lot better than ya might give it credit for...I have since installed an electronic cruise control on it for him as well...He loves it

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I think it's a nice looking bike. If you like it, get it.

My next bike will be a bagger, I already know I can't compare it to my 9.
But, I'm keeping my 9.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's what I test rode at Americade last year, it seemed like a real smooth riding bike, nice saddle and handled pretty good. It doesn't have the power of the 9 but I think on a long haul is where it really shines. The 9 has a noisey engine but I thought this had a lot more, maybe the pushrods had a lot to do with it. If I was looking for a long hauler this would be a consideration.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's a good looking bike Travis. If your girlfriend doesn't want your 109, I know someone's brother that might want it (Galen).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a good looking bike Travis. If your girlfriend doesn't want your 109, I know someone's brother that might want it (Galen).
Oh beleive me she wants the bike! After she rode it she wanted the brake pedal and clutch handle adjusted to suit her. She said she wants it lowered too. Im like crap I guess it isnt my bike anymore...lmao

BTW Galen drives like a old lady so him getting my bike aint gonna change anything....:joke:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Oh beleive me she wants the bike! After she rode it she wanted the brake pedal and clutch handle adjusted to suit her. She said she wants it lowered too. Im like crap I guess it isnt my bike anymore...lmao

BTW Galen drives like a old lady so him getting my bike aint gonna change anything....:joke:
ya but i can only imagine the stories he would tell if he had a 109:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
My brother has one and loves it.
We rode together and he kept up on the straights but not so much in the twisties. He's not a fan of the twisties anyway. He rides his bike every day to work 40 miles a way and hasn't had a single problem.

It's not a bad bike. Seems very comfortable for rider and passenger. If my wife would sign off on it I'd get one for quality time and trick out my 9.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I saw this is the aforementioned Cycleworld article. Was definately the best looking of the 3 bikes! I'd love to see on in person. Wouldn't TRADE the 109 for it, but would DEFINATELY be toward top of my list if I was in the market for a bagger.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts