M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ole Junkyard Dog and myself got together this morning to see who was really king of the hill.

We both rolled up to 2,500 RPM in second gear and then hit it. We ran up to the rev limiter at the top of third gear.

With my JSD installed and the baffles removed just for this event we regained the crown and now its up to JYD to come up with a new mod for him to regain the crown.

After doing these two little runs and seeing what happens with two almost identical bikes together I think the biggest part is who can get into the power curve first. The other guy has to play catch up no matter how fast you can go.

We traded bikes for a while and his lowered rear sure makes it feel good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J R said:
Daaaaang man :eek: Did he have a full tank and you empty ;) Did you get my PM ;) 6.5 pounds a gallon you know :D a win is a win tho.I guess you guys are tied now
I got your note and it is on my shopping list.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J R said:
Sounds like we need to go on an episode of pinks :D but let the other guy have the bike back after words and just do it for bragging rights :bigthumbsup: maybe get sombody from the vtx board or somthing ???? or use your vtx hal ? might help ya sell it??? wanna do it ? :D
Pinks for fun would be a lot of fun.

A drag race would be fairer cause when you just take off on the street someone always gets a slight advantage and when the bikes are almost identical the winner is the one that can get up into the power band first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J R said:
Ill do the pinks with ya FOR FUN as long as we agree to not take each others bikes and remain freinds Id love to go on there.
I am there with you. Hook us up.

I want 7 bike lengths.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Its called a JSD and its a electronic device that alters the timing of your bike as well as gets rid of the restricted top speed.runs between 20-40 bucks :bigthumbsup:
Actually, I think it's JYD.... for Junk Yard Dog :bigthumbsup:

Oh, and Hal, since you got a chance to ride his lowered 109, how did you like it? I know you said it makes the bike feel good, but did you do any cornering to see how it handles in the twisties compared to stock? I'm really wanting to get that lowered look, but I have been scraping heels and pegs more and more now that my confidence is building. I don't want to dump the rear and start scraping the hard stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.