M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our gas prices are insane. I was wondering what everyone else is paying for regular gas. Up here in the far north we pay 1.21 per/litre or 4.58 per U.S. gallon. How do we compare to what you're paying?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Our gas prices are insane. I was wondering what everyone else is paying for regular gas. Up here in the far north we pay 1.21 per/litre or 4.58 per U.S. gallon. How do we compare to what you're paying?
OMG!!!

Here in Md, regular it's right around 3.00/gal +/- a few cents here and there. Def noticed a progressive increase over the last few weeks. Greedy bastards!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
buffalo area over the peace bridge is about 3.07 to 3.27 for regular a gallon. oil corporations strike again. drive safe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be happy...it could be a lot worse..I live in New Zealand..we pay 1.95 Ltr which works out about 8.80 NZD per gal which is about 12.20 USD per gal!!!!????????? And they are talking about it being over $2.00 per litre by Xmas. I think the US still has some of the cheapest petrol in the world...except for the middle east??? But hey we have more sheep than people...so somehow that is meant to make up for it. LOL :dontknow:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be happy...it could be a lot worse..I live in New Zealand..we pay 1.95 Ltr which works out about 8.80 NZD per gal which is about 12.20 USD per gal!!!!????????? And they are talking about it being over $2.00 per litre by Xmas. I think the US still has some of the cheapest petrol in the world...except for the middle east??? But hey we have more sheep than people...so somehow that is meant to make up for it. LOL :dontknow:
What I am annoyed with is canada is a major producer of gas and oil. does new zealand import most of it's gas and oil?

·
Registered
241 Posts
fuel

I'am in Windsor, Ontario across the water from Detroit, Michigan I pay about a dollar a litre but being a border town I go across every week into Detroit to the duty free store and buy gas there, right now its 2.94 a gallon there, works out much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
$1.19 per litre here in Vancouver.
That's about $5.35 per gallon CDN.

And I agree, we produce our own oil here, so it basically boils down to our lovely Canadian government taking one more opportunity to over tax Canadians.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
buffalo area over the peace bridge is about 3.07 to 3.27 for regular a gallon. oil corporations strike again. drive safe
same here in Southern California, more on the 3.27, side more for super unleaded

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ingersoll, Ontario

Here is Ingersoll Ontario ( just east of London, Ontario ) gas is $ 1.11 Litre for regular and high test is $ 1.29

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
$3.35 for Ethyl, LOL, Diesel $3.45 and we have several refineries here, go figure......

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't know about Canada and New Zealand but here the reason for the gas price increase is not just oil companys. It comes a lot from our miserable stock market.
Have you ever heard of Futures? This is where miserable greedy bastages buy up all the futures in oil and then sell it at an inflated value. This is what happened when the price of gas went to $4.00 a gallon several years ago and this is what is happening now. Do you notice that when the republicans took control of congress the gas prices started going up? This is not a knock on republicans, this is an indication that our economy was going to improve so miserable greedy bastages started buying futures so they would be richer.
In my poor opinion I think our government should not allow the trading of oil on the stock market.
Unlike most foreign markets driving a car in the states for most parts is not an option. We need our vehicles to survive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I am annoyed with is canada is a major producer of gas and oil. does new zealand import most of it's gas and oil?
Yep we import just about all of our oil...we have a couple of oil rigs off the coast that produce a very small amount. I get what you are saying....you guys supply the stuff so you should be getting it cheap..but I suppose its is linked to what they sell it for to the rest of the world. New Zealand is a major producer of diary, meat and wood, but its is still exspensive here because of what Asia etc are prepared to pay for it.:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The sad part of this story is in canada we have one of the largest deposits of oil in the world called the oil sands. The chinese have bought up huge chunk of syncrude oil sands. We are going to be in big trouble in this country we keep selling all of our raw resources.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Fuel

I don't know about Canada and New Zealand but here the reason for the gas price increase is not just oil companys. It comes a lot from our miserable stock market.
Have you ever heard of Futures? This is where miserable greedy bastages buy up all the futures in oil and then sell it at an inflated value. This is what happened when the price of gas went to $4.00 a gallon several years ago and this is what is happening now. Do you notice that when the republicans took control of congress the gas prices started going up? This is not a knock on republicans, this is an indication that our economy was going to improve so miserable greedy bastages started buying futures so they would be richer.
In my poor opinion I think our government should not allow the trading of oil on the stock market.
Unlike most foreign markets driving a car in the states for most parts is not an option. We need our vehicles to survive.
And here lies the big problem.....FUTURES last time fuel went over 4.00/gal

it was costing me a $1000.00 to fill the truck $8000.00/mth. Flying j which is one of the largest truck stops in the states pretty much went broke on futures. They bought up a bunch then the price of crude tanked leaving them holding the bag. The only way out ......Bankruptcy

Right now I'm spending about $1600.00 a week on fuel and it doesn't look like it's letting up any time soon.

·
Registered
608 Posts
2.89/Gal for good quality gas brands.

3.19/Gal for my Turbo gas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts