M109 Rider Forums banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,675 Posts
What, no photos? I was unable to come this year due to the Covid-19 issues and an injured back and shoulder. :'(
Hopefully Donna & I and her daughter & son-in-law will be there next year.

I hope it was an awesome time with good (& safe) riding. Now, how about some photos? :D

EDIT: Whoops, I thought it ended today, I see that it's this upcoming week and weekend. Have a great time, everyone!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Take care of yourself bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I made it. Checked in around 6:45pm. It was still raining when I got here, so I dropped the trailer, and headed up to the Mill St Grill for some baby back ribs. They were just as good as I remembered them being 3 years ago! As I was sitting there waiting for my food, I remembered the time we were there 4 years ago during the power outage eating in the dark... until Tiny clicked the LED light on the bill of his cap on. Sure do miss him.

View attachment 388854

Planning to set up camp in the morning, then head out for a ride. Only a 40% chance of scattered showers. Hoping to head out to WV, but I'll have to check the radar in the morning to see which direction to head out.

According to the front desk, someone is checking in tomorrow. Several others Monday - Wednesday, so it looks like tomorrow will be my only solo ride.
haha I remember that...the rest of us were eating by phone light...Tiny was the only one well equipped for the situation.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Had a nice spirited ride today. Had to dodge a few pop up showers. I rode route 33 west, almost to Seneca Rocks. As I was getting close, about 10 miles away, a storm popped up on radar, so I turned south on route 28. I don’t think I’ve been on route 28 before. It is in the valley, with a stream running along side it. For anyone that likes long sweeping curves, that is the road for you! The entire rode is like the Cherohala Skyway. I took 28 down and turned east on route 39. It was ok. Had a few short stretches of twisted pavement, but nothing spectacular. 39 connected up with 42, and then 262 (I think) that loops around south of Staunton. It drops you off onto I-81 about a mile or 2 south of the hotel. All in all, it was a good ride. Only around 4 hour ride time tho. I was hoping to make it all the way to Elkins, WV, but there will be time for that ride while I’m out here.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Had a nice spirited ride today. Had to dodge a few pop up showers. I rode route 33 west, almost to Seneca Rocks. As I was getting close, about 10 miles away, a storm popped up on radar, so I turned south on route 28. I don't think I've been on route 28 before. It is in the valley, with a stream running along side it. For anyone that likes long sweeping curves, that is the road for you! The entire rode is like the Cherohala Skyway. I took 28 down and turned east on route 39. It was ok. Had a few short stretches of twisted pavement, but nothing spectacular. 39 connected up with 42, and then 262 (I think) that loops around south of Staunton. It drops you off onto I-81 about a mile or 2 south of the hotel. All in all, it was a good ride. Only around 4 hour ride time tho. I was hoping to make it all the way to Elkins, WV, but there will be time for that ride while I'm out here.
Sounds good, be there tommorow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Sorry to say but wont be making the MAM. Sucks!!!!! I have pinched a nerve in my back and have been on crutches for the last week and hopin this **** would go away. Pain meds pretty much useless and chiroprator not much help either. I did it lifting a 24x24 x2 concrete paver. Note to self, get some young buck to do that **** anymore! Lol! Bike is ready and new tires to wear out. Seems im wore out this time! Everyone be safe! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Take care of yourself brother

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Sorry to say but wont be making the MAM. Sucks!!!!! I have pinched a nerve in my back and have been on crutches for the last week and hopin this **** would go away. Pain meds pretty much useless and chiroprator not much help either. I did it lifting a 24x24 x2 concrete paver. Note to self, get some young buck to do that **** anymore! Lol! Bike is ready and new tires to wear out. Seems im wore out this time! Everyone be safe! Enjoy!

That does suck! Hope you get feeling better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mary and myself are thinking of taking a ride down Friday and heading back home that evening or staying over night and heading back Saturday. Just to say hi.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I am packing this afternoon and will be heading to the MAM between 6-7 tomorrow morning. I will be making a stop on the way, but hope to be there before 12.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Mary and myself are thinking of taking a ride down Friday and heading back home that evening or staying over night and heading back Saturday. Just to say hi.
Thinking? Through your leg over and get down there Harris. Stay the night and enjoy the night time extravaganza! :beer3:
If I was on the East Coast and not in Colorado right now, I would be hanging out with the crew.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Definitely ride out here. I've got extra space under my 2 tents if you need covered parking. Might even want to come Thursday evening so you are here to join us on a ride on Friday morning. Had several more people show up today.

·
Super Moderator
5,675 Posts

Damn, CJ, You're fallin' apart! (like me...) I'm on the couch with a heating pad these days. Injured back and shoulders - I have gone through 700 ibuprofen since March. I finally broke down and made an appt with a Chiro this Thursday.

Gettin' old sucks...

...but it beats the alternative!

Feel better fast!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Definitely ride out here. I've got extra space under my 2 tents if you need covered parking. Might even want to come Thursday evening so you are here to join us on a ride on Friday morning. Had several more people show up today.
Thanks. Looking like it isn't happening. Due to Covid, we all took our names off the calendar at work for any vacation time. My team member put in for Wednesday through July 5th as off so I can't take off. The best we could probably do would be arrive later Friday night. We have plans Sunday so not sure if we will make it down just for the night or not.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts

So sorry to hear about that. Heal up soon my friend. It sucks getting older as you do not heal up as fast and sometimes not 100%. Take care of your self.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well just had to cancel for this MAM . Hated to but lot of stuff going on. Everyone be safe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I have had to cancel as well. Resources kind of went south thanks to that stupid virus. Not bitter just missing MAM again tears my heart out

O
O

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 157 Posts