M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Ya! Yes it is black cherry and has chrome wheels and yes it is all about power. The 109 is smooth but this thing is in a completely different catagory. It is beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Re: The new black cherry with chrome wheels came in and man is this thinkg aweso

Nice Rune bro.. thats absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ole man said:
That is a rich man's bike, But I think the 109 is a nicer bike and a better bargain.
Not if I own one! Very fast and great handling. Like comparing a 350z to a bmw 740, both are very fast one is just a little more comfortable and yes alot heavier.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Re: The new black cherry with chrome wheels came in and man is this thinkg aweso

SWEET!! :bigthumbsup:

My buddy has one of those, same color. Here's some pics of some of the modifications he's done. The Corbin seat looks pretty good, huh? Not sure about the decals. Also not sure the WindVest windshield is something I would do if it was mine. If you want more pics PM me and I'll email you some.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

oak, she's a beauty. lot of style and attitude. i'm sure you've got something in mind for the paint already >).

p.s. the other one with the corbin seat...that seat just made an elegant bike look like boss hog rides it.

·
Registered
346 Posts

GORGEOUS!!!! Dude what are you a coke dealer or what?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like a straight line bike, not to much fun to ride in the turns. Definitely one of he prettiest production bikes out there!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey vtxoak that Rune is awesome! I was at a Honda Dealer today that had a blue on the floor. Couldn't keep my eyes off of it. Nice choice. I would love to have one too! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rocket Convert said:
Looks like a straight line bike, not to much fun to ride in the turns. Definitely one of he prettiest production bikes out there!
Actually this thing feels like a slot car in the corners. It will smoke the 109 on corners I am amazed because I didn't expect to handle like it does.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Rune is a beauty, no question about that.

Unfortunately no chance in hell to get one here in germany.
The last one was sold in Austria this year...10.000€ over its normal price!!! :eek:

G

·
Now how about some pics of the new paint job? Maybe some previews? I know it is not staying stock in your capable hands... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
M109R Fan said:
Now how about some pics of the new paint job? Maybe some previews? I know it is not staying stock in your capable hands... :bigthumbsup:
It will be after octoberfest. I have 2 bike to sell and 4 paint jobs to get done before then. The wife won't allow 4 bikes in the garage. I hadn't planned on getting one of these right now.

Hal posted that Honda had just cut the cost to the dealers and my local dealer agreed to match the best internet price I could find. When you can get a bike that has a $27900 msrp, only 1500 were made and won't be made again fo r$20110 you have to jump on it.

I put in a little over 400 miles this weekend and just fall more and more in love every minute. I had heard mixed feelings about the bike living up to the looks and all I can say is it is amazing and ultra smooth..

Here are the specs

http://powersports.honda.com/rune/?from=rune.honda.com

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like that vertical billet grille insert over the radiator. Wonder how something like that would look on the 109??
Rune looks sweet man. Heavy but sweet

·
Registered
185 Posts
vtxoak said:
Actually this thing feels like a slot car in the corners. It will smoke the 109 on corners I am amazed because I didn't expect to handle like it does.
Not knocking your new ride as it is a beautiful bike...but whoever told you that the Rune would "smoke" a 109 in the corners was smokin' crack. The Rune outweighs the 109 by 100 lbs...yes it will be a tight race in the corners due to the extra power the Rune has over the 109 but two identical riders on each bike...and my money is on the 109. I talked to a guy the other day who has a Rune (I haven't raced him in the curves yet) and he loves the bike but says after 50 to 75 miles it becomes the most uncomfortable bike he has ever ridden?? :dontknow: Anyway, if I do get him to run me in the curves I'll let you know how it comes out. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts