M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm going to be a new m109 owner hopefully in July. Please help me to collect the major things I have to take care before I start using my new bike.

Thx a lot.

:2cool:

daro

·
Registered
817 Posts
First, :welcome:

So as not to reinvent the wheel, try a search. There is another thread on this exact subject. :) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
check the engine and rear oil levels. adjust the rear brake shifter forward a notch. tighten the clutch cable.

the way they are supposed to assemble the bike (leaving several mm in the gap) leaves the clutch a little bit too loose in my opinion. after tightening mine up and putting in 20w50 synth, it shifts MUCH more smoothly. check it again after you put some mileage on it. my cable did stretch a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do not, under any circumstances, leave the bike pointing downhill, out of gear. no matter how slight the slope is... it WILL come off the stand... i did that the morning after i got it home . probably will spend close to $1000. 00 to overcome it. broke front and rear left turn signal. dented the tank, broke the clutch lever,scratched the left air filter,scratched the chrome strip under the seat. i was a little disappointed, my road glide has a kickstand lock that prevents that. i guess you get what you pay for..
don't get me too wrong , i bought this as a cheap 2nd bike.and i love the way it looks and am getting used to the differences I'm used to,It turns a lot of heads and I'm not sorry i got it. I'm just having a slight problem with my ignorance. it is in the manual not to do that so i can only really blame myself..just learn from my bad..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts