M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today I got what I consider to be the final dyno. I will post it later tonight as it took from about 10:30AM to 3:30PM to get it all done as they had to stop every so often to let the engine cool down and the MAP had to be done for each cylinder individually as the rear cylinder needs a different MAP.

I am a little reluctant to post the final dyno information as I think it will create more confusion than already exists. Just remember that the Dyno for my bike only applies to my bike, on the day that it was done and in the existing climatic conditions. So comparisons to other Dynos could make for over stated or understated comparisons.

Somebody will have to look thru the Dyno contest to see who was closest so we can award the Power Commander. I just won't be able to do that today.

I will post the photoss and Dyno charts as part of this post. So check back here later tonight or tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is everything worth posting:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: The M109 Engine Project is Officially Done

drum roll, please..... :hot: :beer3: :beer2: :clap2: :bow: :a18: :2cool: :#1: :pop:....
Hal, for thanks for taking the time to post your results, to let the rest of us know the potential of this fine machine...
I don't have a dyno to compare, anyway I'm here to learn from more experience people like yourself, Lamonster, and the dual (Jr and ppridgen1)... and others pioneers who are exploring new territories with the 109.... Keep up the good work and thanks again.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Hal, I want to know just so I can brag to friends, and people at work about what potential the bike has, even if mine is stock....

JR, for the same reason as above, I would really love to know what the most HP you got on the rear tire with all the tinkering and toying around you've done.
I'm more interested in the potential HP, rather than all the mods and how too's, since I know I'm no where near doing anything to the 109 you guys have. Will you share you best HP along with Hal?
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Congratulations Hal! That bike is hot. Nice numbers.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Nice looking bike....On the dyno chart it looks like its still making power when it hits the box(rev limiter) I wonder what a higher rev limit would do? Anyone working on that?

·
Registered
732 Posts

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:Wow now that's a paint job...your 9 looks incredible..

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

Great #'s :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Great look :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

On the dyno chart it looks like its still making power when it hits the box(rev limiter)
yeah, that's interesting. his mods have moved the powerband higher. might want to tune the exhaust for lower, so you can increase overall average hp. would probably help in drag times imo.

either way, thanks for sharing all your and blais's work with us!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

Hal, your bike looks flat out awesome with that big azz piece of rubber out back. Man I wish I could afford that wheel kit. Good job :bigthumbsup:

I do gotta ask though... Are you satisfied with the results? I know you were hoping to hit 140HP, so I was just curious if you were happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hmm! I would say that I am always chasing something that is just out of my reach. I think if we could have gotten some cams that that would have helped. But we had fun and now the info is out there for everyone else. And I think that 99% of the M109 Riders will be happy with a good exhaust, Power Commander Or Fuel Nanny, and a good intake.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

HalGreenlee said:
Hmm! I would say that I am always chasing something that is just out of my reach. I think if we could have gotten some cams that that would have helped. But we had fun and now the info is out there for everyone else. And I think that 99% of the M109 Riders will be happy with a good exhaust, Power Commander Or Fuel Nanny, and a good intake.
Thanks Hal. You definitely paved a path for others. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts

Hal, bike looks great! Please consider having the final drive painted gloss black and having the wheels powdercoated gloss black. That would look absolutely insane! 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

Hey Hal... It's time to change that avatar pic.. Your bike is nothing like it was in the current one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Great numbers Hal..just a pity the cams weren't available, or you might have got your magic 140 figure .
Those are wicked numbers none the less and the gain over std is awesome. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Two big thumbs up Hal. Thanks for satisfying the incurable curious. Great numbers. :doorag: :super:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

HalGreenlee said:
Hmm! I would say that I am always chasing something that is just out of my reach. I think if we could have gotten some cams that that would have helped. But we had fun and now the info is out there for everyone else. And I think that 99% of the M109 Riders will be happy with a good exhaust, Power Commander Or Fuel Nanny, and a good intake.
Pretty much every time I'm on a dyno I get bummed out because I never see the numbers I was looking for. ::) At some point you have to quit looking for numbers and go by what you know feels strong to you. I'm pretty happy with my bike power wise, I just have to get it where I like it looks wise and I'll be done.....no really I'll be done. :D

There's nothing wrong with those numbers, I know some HD guys that would kill to have those numbers. You did good Hal :doorag:

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hal,
Your paint job & dyno numbers are very nice :bigthumbsup:
I'm sure cams would have helped quite a bit.
The exhaust is awesome. ( the first picture in this post )
A friend of mine / co worker has a burple M109 ( on this forum )
we were talking , I told him your pipes is what I'd pick
If I had a 109.
I love bikes all kinds, the rocket was out before the 109
in 2004 . If it wasn't I'd have a 109 because I'm a speed freak
just as you guys & gals are :D
I Been watching & waiting for your numbers, HAL glad you posted them
FORUMS are like :read: motorcycle mags only better the
issue come out every 5 minutes :bigthumbsup: instead of once a month .
Here's post I made on the other forum
I'm keeping eye out for you Hal my ROCKETS... Not heavily modded

PS:Â Â HALÂ if I got any of your mods wrong or missed some that you have
     sorry I don't follow every post made here

http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?p=64103#64103
See Ya
wayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Very nicely done Hal. You should feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. Good Job. The bike has as much power as attitude.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Damn your seat looks bitchin' !! Nice paint job btw and those numbers are AWESOME!!!!! 132 at the rear wheel??!!?? HOLY SMOKES!!!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

HalGreenlee said:
And I think that 99% of the M109 Riders will be happy with a good exhaust, Power Commander Or Fuel Nanny, and a good intake.
+1!
It seems that with those 3 pieces the bike really wakes up. I am sure as other manufacturers catch up on the muscle cruiser front Suzuki
will make these types of gains standard before anything happens to the motor internally

Sledzep

1 - 20 of 47 Posts