M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode from Winchester, VA to Richmond, VA this morning. When I was about 40 miles out from Richmond I noticed a bike about a mile ahead of me on I-95. Since I enjoy running down other bikes (especially that other brand) I picked it up and went after him. When I started to get close I realized it was a sport bike. They aren't as much fun as one twist of the throttle and they can put you way back again. Then I got real close and saw that it was a blue and silver Busa. The rider was really laid out with his legs behind him and looked like he was taking a nap. It was the quietest Busa I have ever heard. It hardly made a sound. I think he saw me as I got closer as he picked it up a little. And I knew that no matter how fast I went that he could beat me but I needed a little adrenalin rush this morning. I was able to get by him and we were in triple digits and he got about 20 feet behind me and sat in my slipstream for the next 20 miles or so. It was like he was shadowing me and telling me that I could go as fast as I wanted and he would still be 20 feet behind me. I never heard his bike make a peep. It was that quiet. I pulled off for gas and he continued his stealth ride down the highway.

·
Registered
326 Posts
He was toying with you. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
'Busa are darn near death machines. The Kawasaki ZZR1400 is too. The 109 would just be a ragdoll in a dogs mouth while racing a 'Busa. But you might get a squid on one and they might kill themselves. Either way, you won't feel too good about the events.

Sounds like it was stock too. 'Busas can be quite because of the dual exhaust. If you focus all the engine noise in one pipe chances are it will be louder.

·
Registered
441 Posts
me and a buddy of mine took a ride to the Suzuki dealer to get some work done on my bike and he had his busa 05 with him while i was getting work done he had his bike dynoed and was putting out 160 hp with just pipes an a power commander on it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Right now the ZX-14 woops a Busa in the straightline. I am waiting for the new Busa next year. I had a turbo Blackbird with 220 RWHP and right now my M109 is my only bike and feels so slow. It's fun to cruise and is faster than any car but I need to get me a big bore sport bike again.

I will tell you that 150 on my Blackbird felt similar to 75 on my M109 and top speed on the BB came faster than 100 on the M109.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too owned an 04 hayabusa had lots of mods.....We always loved toying with cruisers now as a cruiser owner i hate seeing a busa or any other crotch rocket passing me but hey i figure i am more comfy then them lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts