M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Firstly, euro and oz bikes dont need eliminators for the harness once the o2 sensors are pulled.
If you put on aftermarket pipes, you dont need the o2 sensors any longer, so dont try to refit them to the new pipes. Shelve them.
You also do not need sensor eliminators to plug into the harness.
The techs at Powercommander Aust were very helpful here. All Suzi models are the same and all have the same wire to pull from the harness that specifically deals with the o2 sensors, and that is the #7 pin with the black wire with brown stripe. Search this forum for a "how-to" .
Once this wire is pulled, the FI light wont come on, but nothing else is disabled. They wont be making a sensor eliminator because its not needed. They make 'em for Hondas and Kwakas because its simply easier to make an eliminator then mess with the harness for those bikes.
Get a powercommander not a Cobra FI2000r like me and then get to a dyno to ensure your AF is right.
FYI our bikes here in Perth Oz seem to need fuel taken out once the new pipes are fitted and sensors removed, and the cobra cant do it, but the powercommander can.
Even with zero on dashpots 1,2,&3 there is still too much fuel in the bike.
My only option will be to get a differnet aircleaner ( more air to dilute fuel mix) or get a powercommander, or run hotter plugs to burn off the richer mix until I get the new filters.
Hope this helps all the guys with o2 sensor fitted bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ppridgen1 said:
But what happens if another situation arises with the fuel injection system and the light is disabled.....will you just have to wait for a major malfunction to know something is wrong with it if you disable it? would it be better computerwise to go ahead and install the 02 sensor bungs in the pipes that are put on ?

P.S.  Where are the sensors located. I need a pic or 2 so I can see if I need to even worry about this with doing the JR mods for ya'll. If it's in the primary tubes before the set I won't have to worry about it!
I don't think that he is disabling the light he is disabling the input from the sensors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
raw_taz said:
I don't think that he is disabling the light he is disabling the input from the sensors.
Yep thats it. Tech said the wire disables input from sensors, NOT from rest of FI system.
I guess he must be right, as the FI light is on when setting to start, but is off when running.
This seems to say the light works, but does not have input from o2 sensors.

Probably other sukuki riders who have other models but have done same mod after fitting aftermarket pipes could confirm the above.
When I can be bothered,, I'll look araound other forums and see.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
cool thanks for the quick response,but if they don't need to be hooked up then I'll just be able to send an American retrofit pipe w/o the o2 sensors! that's what I needed to know!!!!!and thanks again
Hay Perry, I have cleaned my 109 allot, and I do not think I have seen either of those on mine. Are they on all the 109's? I will have to look this afternoon when I uncover after work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WohoSo said:
Hay Perry, I have cleaned my 109 allot, and I do not think I have seen either of those on mine. Are they on all the 109's?  I will have to look this afternoon when I uncover after work.
you wont find them on any US 109. Even the calif models dont have them which is unusual.
Only Euro, NZ, and OZ spec models have them.
This would suggest we have different fuel maps also, as bikes with o2 sniffers use a closed loop system and ( I think ) those without use an open loop system that has a different map.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
it all goes back to the fact they are all running on maps, the o2 sensor equipped bikes will burn a little cleaner at warm idle and cruising speed. cold idle and WOT (wide open throttle) all revert back to a map to run on. the o2 sensor as used is pretty crude so not like a wide band o2 sensor that can make instant corrections. we use o2 sensors on some of our machines here at work (semi-conductor industry) and they cost $15,000 rebuilt/exchange and are about the size of a lunch box. they can pick up o2 in ppm (parts per million) and shut the machine down if it exceeds 150ppm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts