M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is Suzuki's Limited Edition M109R?? They say they cleaned up some details from the 06 M109R. I dunno....looks like a stock 109 with a striped paint job. I sure hope they put a thicker layer of clear on that paint...unlike a lot of ours!! LOL!! They could have at least chromed the rims and swingarm/drive shaft if you ask me!! Would have looked so much better that way!! So...does anyone know exactly what details got "cleaned-up" on the RZ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hear ya JR....but I guess I expected more from Suzuki on a Limited Edition 109!! I will say this much though....when I decide to do some custom paint on my 109....I will be ordering the nazelle from the M109RZ. Get rid of that seam where the chrome area is on our nazelle's!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm waiting on mine to come in and I wish it had less chrome maybe powder coat would be nice or even satin finish. I'm tired of chrome and polishing and spider scratches from cleaning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ppridgen1 said:
here's literally five or ten minutes worth of taping and some temporary paint. I think we can copy the paint without any problems or extra money!!!!!
I'm liking the stripes on this bike!! Looks sick perry!! :bigthumbsup: Wish you got the tank done....bet that really makes it look sweet!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlkM109r said:
i think the nacelle is the same as ours. the chrome is just painted, you can see the seam still
I'm pretty sure that's a different nazelle. If you save that picture and blow up the nazelle and look....thats a strip of blue paint not a seam. The front fender has the same stripe in the same place!! Check it out!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
hellrazr72 said:

This is Suzuki's Limited Edition M109R?? They say they cleaned up some details from the 06 M109R. I dunno....looks like a stock 109 with a striped paint job. I sure hope they put a thicker layer of clear on that paint...unlike a lot of ours!! LOL!!

They could have at least chromed the rims and swingarm/drive shaft if you ask me!! Would have looked so much better that way!! So...does anyone know exactly what details got "cleaned-up" on the RZ???
They DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE CHROMED THE FORKS !!!!! as well as the parts you mentioned...

come on Suzuki !!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Dont get me wrong I like the bike for real but would not pay any more for it.Id just paint one like it if I had to have it... :bigthumbsup:
Well, the LE is $400 more than a stock 109. Where are you gonna get a clear brake lens (which means a whole new light assembly), paint job, and clear signals for $400? You aren't. If you want that look, you are much better off just buying the LE.... IF you don't already have a 109. For somebody looking to buy a 109, the LE is a good deal if you like that paint job.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
you'll find the lens isn't as expensive as one would think......and my bike doesn't have that stripe on it anymore ,it was soap and water removable paint ,I just wanted to try and see what the results would be .....actually I liked it :bigthumbsup:
Still, any decent paint job is gonna cost you a good deal more than $400, making the price of the LE model quite a good deal. I'm contemplating putting some white vinyl stripes on my bike to look like the ones I did by photoshop in the other thread. I can't afford a real paint job, and I think the stripes look pretty badass.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
turbohi said:
is it me or does the head light look different????? dual projectors one on top of another?
I think it's got the normal reflector. I think what's different is the nacelle, in that it doesn't appear to have a seam where the chrome part is on our's

·
Registered
642 Posts
Come on guys you know if they did all the extra chrome work mentioned here the sticker price would be in line with an over priced HD. I think for an extra $400 the little things they did are cool but I'm alittle biased since I have a deposit on one! :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
VINNIE1209 said:
I've been looking for a photo of the spedo. does anyone have a pic of that? :dontknow:
That must be a closely guarded secret because more then one person has wanted to see the checker board insert but nobody has seen it!! :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts