M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These totally LOOK clean on the M-109 :D
This KewLock kit lets you keep the stock grips and helps to cut down on the handle vibrations at the same time :bigthumbsup:
Locks up your Helmet in seconds.

You can also lock up your Jacket 8)

Big Joe.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Big Joe said:
These totally LOOK clean on the M-109 :D
This KewLock kit lets you keep the stock grips and helps to cut down on the handle vibrations at the same time :bigthumbsup:
Locks up your Helmet in seconds.

You can also lock up your Jacket 8)

Big Joe.
I have been using the locks you mnake for the kury grips and aflter all this time, now I find out that those hooks you provide can be used to hang your coat. Man you are good! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dragon_Strik said:
Hey Big Joe where did you get the cruze control for your bike at. Inquireing minds want to know. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
It's the Brake Away and Hal at HDL has them for you.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chuck said:
Big Joe,

How much will these set us back & how hard are they to install? :doorag:
$99.95 a pair

I takes about 30 minutes to install.
I have a how to video almost ready to go.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vtxoak said:
I have been using the locks you mnake for the kury grips and aflter all this time, now I find out that those hooks you provide can be used to hang your coat. Man you are good! :bigthumbsup:
Sorry Bro!
We should talk more.
In fact please call me next week.
623-298-7181
Big Joe.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hey Big Joe. can you get a little more light on when making your pics. I'm having a hard time making anything out cause their so dark. Other than that, :bigthumbsup: Cool product.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Animal said:
Hey Big Joe. can you get a little more light on when making your pics. I'm having a hard time making anything out cause their so dark. Other than that, :bigthumbsup: Cool product.
I can do that :D
Big Joe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just bought and had a pair installed on my 109 this week at Kewl Metal Inc! They are not only much more convenient than the factory helmet lock (down low) on the side of the bike, but they look far better than the cheap plastic chrome caps that come on the ends of the handlebars, (one of which was stolen off my bike last week)! Like all Kewl Metal products that I have had a chance to see, these appear to be made from high quality steel and have an expensive chrome finish with matching pairs of keys.

This is a product that I know all 109 owners will love, adding security, convenience and looks to an already hot bike! :)

Good job Joe!!!!! :D

EFE M109

·
Registered
686 Posts
My one concern is how close that helmet hangs to the tank. A bit of wind or some annoying kid, and you could quickly end up with some nasty dings on the tank, especially with the soft clearcoat on this bike. I can just picture some 6 year old walking by in a parking lot and batting that helmet to watch it swing, then doing it again because of the cool sound it made on the tank. Those of you with kids know how quickly a kid can do something like this, even if you are watching them closely.

·
Registered
96 Posts
rideutah said:
My one concern is how close that helmet hangs to the tank. A bit of wind or some annoying kid, and you could quickly end up with some nasty dings on the tank, especially with the soft clearcoat on this bike. I can just picture some 6 year old walking by in a parking lot and batting that helmet to watch it swing, then doing it again because of the cool sound it made on the tank. Those of you with kids know how quickly a kid can do something like this, even if you are watching them closely.
Let me ease your concern. You can still hang the helmet over the grip and brake handle just as many do when they park their bikes now. I seldom use the lock on the side when I park at bike events, I almost always hang my helmet on one end of my handlebars, now I can still do the same thing but the strap is locked on!

The same situation you mentioned can happen on the side lock, a strong wind can come along and start slamming the helmet against the side of the bike, but there is no way to secure it since it just hangs loosely because the bike is leaning on that side. At least when placing it over the end of the handlebar and brake lever it doesn't flop around.

I wouldn't be concerned about it's placement with these locks, pushed onto the end of the handlebar is the most secure place I have found for my helmet. That's my opinion anyhow. (( ;

EFE M109

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EFE M109 said:
Let me ease your concern. You can still hang the helmet over the grip and brake handle just as many do when they park their bikes now. I seldom use the lock on the side when I park at bike events, I almost always hang my helmet on one end of my handlebars, now I can still do the same thing but the strap is locked on!

The same situation you mentioned can happen on the side lock, a strong wind can come along and start slamming the helmet against the side of the bike, but there is no way to secure it since it just hangs loosely because the bike is leaning on that side. At least when placing it over the end of the handlebar and brake lever it doesn't flop around.Â

I wouldn't be concerned about it's placement with these locks, pushed onto the end of the handlebar is the most secure place I have found for my helmet. That's my opinion anyhow. (( ;

EFE M109
ED???
DID YOU FIND IT???

·
Registered
190 Posts
vtxoak said:
I have been using the locks you mnake for the kury grips and aflter all this time, now I find out that those hooks you provide can be used to hang your coat. Man you are good! :bigthumbsup:
I would not use this as a "secure" place to hang a jacket. Of course, this is all based upon the surroundings and if you think an item is susceptible to being stolen. To hang a helmet is okay, because the theory is that if someone was to steal it, they would have to cut the strap and that would may make the helmet useless anyway - so why even steal it. But, a jacket is different - someone could easily cut the loop it hangs from and still have a perfectly good jacket, so be carefull with your jackets cause they won't be secure on a lock :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Big Joe,

What setup is that you have for the Delphi Satellite Radio system? I'm looking to attach that accessory myself.

Thanks, Jub

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jubetcha said:
Hey Big Joe,

What setup is that you have for the Delphi Satellite Radio system? I'm looking to attach that accessory myself.

Thanks, Jub
It's the one that came with it for the car I just made an attachment for it.
E-mail me and I will explain how I did it.
Big Joe.

G

·
Will these work for a M50 also, do the rubbers expand out? The M50 has bar wieghts on it from the factory.

Dude, I am going to need a Kewl Metal Crredit Card before I am done. :bigthumbsup:

TAZ

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts