M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This heat is killing me. (101 today). It's not just because it's hot. It's because it's too hot to ride my M109R. I know all you hard core guys will call me wimpy or what ever, but I gotta tell you it's just no fun for me riding in heat like this. I guess I'm getting old.

Saw a guy riding down the highway today wearing only cut off jeans and sneakers. To each his own. All I thought was happy riding.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cant do it. I saw someone riding on the highway without a shirt. Too bad it was a dude.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the deep south (Mobile, Alabama) the temp today was 94 with humidity of 85%. I went riding for about (total) an hour and a half with tee shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and full-face helmet. I didn't even break a sweat. Of course, I never stopped (I was on I-10) so the breeze felt really nice. :p

It's all in your mental perspective. Think cool and you will be cool grasshopper.

mania

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yeah i know the feeling, but temps are supposed to drop to the low 80's this weekend. that should make for some nice morning runs. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yesterday I rode 20 miles through the city and it was 113* outside here in Phoenix.

Now THAT was hot.

Luckily I have a small garage at work to park my bike in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I rode to work at about 6:45am and it feels great but the ride home feels like a blast furnace in my face, I don't know if it's me but I think that I'm only seeing hard core riders on the road if it's over a 100. And lets not get started about being stuck in traffic

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad hear I'm not the only one suffering from rider withdraw symptoms due to the heat. ::)
I will be riding first thing Saturday morning. Well after my coffee anyway.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Your kidding right  ::) , heard complaints about too cold ! but too hot ?  Do you live in the desert ?  :yikes:

I live in Florida , its always HOT !  Year round ridding !  :hot: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
CC Rider said:
Your kidding right ::) , heard complaints about too cold ! but too hot ? Do you live in the desert ? :yikes:

I live in Florida , its always HOT ! Year round ridding ! :hot: :hot: :hot:
If I lived in Florida, I would move.
ITS NEVER TOO COLD!!!!!

I am dying for Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb here in Atlanta!! (too hot here too, I am trying to move)

Sledzep

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mid 90 all this week. Not too bad in the morning. I ride to work and it's around 70. Very nice. But at 4 pm when I get off, it's 95. Not bad as long as I'm moving. I wear scrubs to work so it's like riding in pajamas.

I will say one thing...I bought a tank bra from Oneida Suzuki for around $30 and it is worth every penny. Not only does it keep scratches off the tank but it keeps the tank from burning my inner thighs and these hot $ss days. Nice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I'm from Florida but lived two and a half years in Arizona and nothing Arizona has showed me compares to a normal summer day here
I dont know , at least you can spend the day outdoors here in Fla. :a18:

When its 115 in Az you will dehydrate and not know it !..... Never sweat because it evaporates first ! Ive spent some time out there too ,

It feels great till you break 110 or so , then it gets ridiculous ! :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts
sledzep01 said:
If I lived in Florida, I would move.
ITS NEVER TOO COLD!!!!!

I am dying for Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb here in Atlanta!! (too hot here too, I am trying to move)

Sledzep
Yeah no kidding , its never too cold here in Fla !!! Wasnt refering to Fla ! ::)

I was born and raised in NY , gets a little cooler there in the winter ! :yikes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Woooozzyyyyyyy, woooozzyyyyyyyyyyy! :D :D :D :D :D

Nothing better than a good sweet on top of the Faster Black 109r

·
Registered
898 Posts
no way been 107* here the last 3 days... aint happening... i have to drive to construction sites during the day... and being out in it for hours at a time.... no way...

khrome

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ride to work everyday(45 min oneway), leave for work before sunrise its about 80, different story on the ride home temps are from 105 to 120.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
98 Monday, 101 Tuesday, 103 today, 102 tomorrow.

Felt cooler this am when I rode in to work than it did Monday or Tuesday....and a storm rolled in just before I got off work, rained a bit in parts, and I bet it dropped temps 20 degrees.

It's only hot in certain parts of the road. Different pavement feels hotter...and all traffic stops are hot.
...but I ride a lot in 100+ heat....and do NOT consider myself a hard core biker. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'll gladly have some of that heat...water everywhere here..sections of road flooded, stock are walking around in mud..if I take my bikes out (I have about 700m of gravel driveway to get to the road) I have to flush the mud and sshite out of the radiator..no fun at all!
Post me and envelope full of your sun to brighten things here in NZ! :(

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
steelfaber said:
Sled, what's wrong with Fla.???
The heat is exactky what wrong!! I want my NH Summers and Winters back!!

CC Rider said:
Yeah no kidding , its never too cold here in Fla !!! Wasnt refering to Fla ! ::)

I was born and raised in NY , gets a little cooler there in the winter ! :yikes:
Exactly the problewm with FLA. H311 it was never too cold in NH for me!
Even the winters are hot down there!

Here is my perfect year, lets start in the spring. April 1 the thaw begins, warms nicely. May is in the 70s, then the rest of the summer should be 70's to 90 degrees. I will allow 10 days over 90, 5 over 95. he humidity must stay below 70% all summer. September 1st its starts getting cooler. October is brisk. As soon as I am done trick or treating with the kids the real weather can begin. it should stay below 10degrees till thanksgiving, then it should snow a foot a week till march sometime....
I would ride the bike mid april to mid october and my snowmobile Dec-March.
I would be in heaven!!!

Dont bother with any boohoo about the snow. I love it. I love to see it, smell it, drive in it, sled in it, plow it, watch it fall etc...

SledZep (thats when the nickname started Sled = slang for snowmobile Zep = Led Zeppelin)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts