M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
would a big dog be faster than a 9? a newer model of course!
Not quite sure but remember they are two completely different bikes. Big Dogs are nice very expensive but I would be safe to say that speed is really not their thing. And that is not to say that they don't have get up and go!

·
Registered
388 Posts
A friend of mine has a Big Dog with a 117 ci motor rode my bike a couple of years ago in Houston. In his own words, he thought the 9 would smoke his bike. Other thant the ci of the motor I do not know which model or what year he had.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A guy I ride with has a 05 big dog pitbull. They all have the same powerplant. a 117 ci. My bike takes his with no problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Big Dog

An M109 will smoke a Big Dog My Nine will smoke my V-Rod also Totally different animals A nine is a total torque brute with top end by the time my V-Rod starts to get its RPMs up the nine is gone I love smoking high dollar big buck big C.I. V-Twin customs with 9 or V-Rod :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yep the 9 will smoke a Big Dog and the other thing is every time the Big Dog gets bounced off the rev limiter it will store it in the computer and tell on the owner when they take it in for service work. You won't find to many Dog owners that are willing to run their Dogs because of this. :nojoke:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yep the 9 will smoke a Big Dog and the other thing is every time the Big Dog gets bounced off the rev limiter it will store it in the computer and tell on the owner when they take it in for service work. You won't find to many Dog owners that are willing to run their Dogs because of this. :nojoke:
Ok that must suck:nojoke:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
wow that is GAY!! its like a friggin exotic rental car......but you own the dam thing, what a let down.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If your bouncing it off the rev limiter you don't know how to ride & or shift! Most motors are actually losing power & or tq before the redline so why go bouncing off of it? Shift and be in your power curve....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts