M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are NOT aware..

This is the M109R Spanner Wrench used to adjust the mono coilover shock suspension in the rear.

Attached Image:

This tool was NOT included in the M109R tool kit. The tool IS referenced in the initial Owners manuals but was later removed because Suzuki did not intend to include it with the purchase of the bike. They said it was a typo in the Owner manual that indicated that it was included in the tool kit. Only the lucky ones that called and complained early enough got the spanner wrench for FREE. All others were told to purchase it seperately.

I have no clue how much one of these costs from Suzuki. But this tool is nothing more than a stamped out piece of 3/16ths metal.

Note: Some posts here indicate that the wrench costs about $10.. I think a nice custom wrench from DLP would be much nicer.. (hint hint)...

·
Registered
696 Posts
2006moy said:
part number 09822-00003 (for the new folks so they wont have to search every thread for that info).
awhile back.. i posted this part number along with the cost... it was about 8.50 plus tax.... i have yet to use it... from what i have read here in the board.... the adjustment is a be-atch...mjm

G

·
Picked mine up yesterday from the dealer. What a piece of crap. paid $6.50 less my 10% discount. I looked at it, laughed and then threw it in my tool box when I got home. Talk about Mickey Mouse tools.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The main reason most people are having problems trying to adjust the suspension is that they are trying to do it with all the weight of the bike still on the shock!!!!
"You need to use a bike lift to take the weight off the shock" then it will be a lot easier!!!
Your Welcome Glad I could be of service :D :joke: Later Silentrider

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you can see from the picture. I had to write what it is on the tool..

I tossed it into the kitchen junk drawer and a month later, the wife asks "What the He11 is this?"

LOL

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It does scratch the adjuster collar a bit, but I've used small Channel-lock pliers to adj up & down, no jack, not too much effort. (open pliers about 1.5'', 1 jaw in 1 slot,other in another). ;)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The wrench handle is short and that is what makes it difficult to adjust the shock. You can really improve the leverage of the wrench by making a handle extension from a piece of 1/2 diameter metal electrical pipe conduit. Just cut the pipe to length and flatten it! It will slip over the wrench handle and makes adjusting the shock a breeze :bigthumbsup: Both pieces easily fit the factory tool pouch :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts