M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what ive heard and read, deal s gap is open as of today. the rockslide is not cleaned up just yet but tennesse has agreed to let north carolina patrol deals gap until the slide is cleaned up.
if you want to ride it then you have to come in from the carolina side and turn around and ride it back.
have fun and ride safe! we are probably going next sunday if the tax man doesnt take too much from us this thursday. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Great day Bro!

I was getting a little worried about it remaining closed. Im so looking forward on going with the Ga Rollers and Meeting ya there. Looks like its still a go then Houston! Cya in May Bro! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I will be there 23-26 April in Gatlingburg and will ride down and do the dragon with one of my 109 brothers!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
That is correct YEEsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

This is a direct quote from the site: Tail of the Dragon April 9, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. TDOT has announced in a press release that the 11 mile section known as the Tail of the Dragon will be open from 8 am to 8 pm beginning Monday April 12, 2010. The only access is from North Carolina US 129. THP... announced that there will be zero tolerance for traffic violations.

My wife and I are going end of month Sept and spending a week in the area. Hope to see some of you 9ers there. :bigthumbsup: :D :clap2:

from what ive heard and read, deal s gap is open as of today. the rockslide is not cleaned up just yet but tennesse has agreed to let north carolina patrol deals gap until the slide is cleaned up.
if you want to ride it then you have to come in from the carolina side and turn around and ride it back.
have fun and ride safe! we are probably going next sunday if the tax man doesnt take too much from us this thursday. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
That is wonderful news! We had a trip planned for Memorial day weekend and I was so pumped till I found out it was closed. Now we can still make it work! Leaving Missouri early morning of the 28th!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts