M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should make a top 100 list on the funny, stupid things that dealers have said.  Who wants to start us off? 

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
kevin

240 rear
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:42:48 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi my dealer said that to only ride with the dunlop 240 .all other will rub. need some help kevin in slidell la.

·
Registered
254 Posts
rynosback said:
I think we should make a top 100 list on the funny, stupid things that dealers have said. Who wants to start us off?Â
"Our service department will answer all your concerns....."

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
my dealers service dept said it had self adjusting valves (hydraulic lifters) like all the other Suzuki cruisers do!. I bought a service manual and roll my own. :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
"We didn't change the rear differential fluid because it didn't need to be changed" "Yes the manual SAYS it should be changed, but it didn't need it"

looked like silver mud an hour later when I checked it :eek:

G

·
"After the problem we had with Felix the Cats 109, we had the Service Mgr, Mechanic and even the Sales Mgr. check your oil before leaving the dealership. You will not have the problem he had". Yeah mine was only 1 qt overfilled, his was like 1 1/2 qt overfilled. Guess they are getting better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
"The air kit on the left side is just for looks, it don't have a function. Suzuki does that on a lot if their bikes" A.J. Foyt Cycle Center Tech...

And No, they did not get my business...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Service Manager.....Yes! We go over the entire bike and re-torque everything to factory specs!

I had plastic chrome caps on almost every fastener on the bike and not one was disturbed......the only thing "torqued" was me for paying $168.00 for a oil change :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
chadrob30 said:
"You check the oil by looking in the sight glass down on the engine"
:yikes:

I would have turned and walked right out that door.

·
Registered
254 Posts
"At the 600 mile service we make sure we use the right gear oil for the color of the bike"

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here's one, but it's not what the dealer said. I heard this one from a customer...
He was looking at a sport bike.
Customer: "How fast does that go?"
Dealer: "About 150/155mph"
Customer: "Really?! How fast is that in car speed?"

I told the salesman he should have said it was 300mph in car speed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
new service manger at my dealer ask me were the key goes when i took my bike in for service :eek: .what the hell? thank god he did not work on my bike.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts