M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Was that your wife yelling at you in the background? I definitaly like the truck horn better.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
A local guy has had the truck horn in for over a year now. He said it was very tight in the headlight bucket. I have been trying to find another horn to put in the headlight bucket to accompany my other Stebel and stock horn.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
They show the truck horn being rated at 110db and the compact horn we use on our bikes rated at 138db. That one sure sounds louder than that. Maybe they rate them at a different distance for a truck, since the bike horn is at 4 feet.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zoom:the truck horn has a lower frequency at 300hz and thus lower tone but sounds bigger. The nautilus has a higher frequency well above 500hz and have a higher tone so it seems sounds louder.

Ryno: it's got a lot of room in there. As you can see on the pic, I have the ballast in there with the bigger horn, but not enough room for two horns.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
They show the truck horn being rated at 110db and the compact horn we use on our bikes rated at 138db. That one sure sounds louder than that. Maybe they rate them at a different distance for a truck, since the bike horn is at 4 feet.
My truck horn is not as piercing as the former bike horn but still sturns heads and annoys other bikers quite nicely:D It has saved me a couple times already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts