M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o Air filter size.....is it enough????? :eek:

The combination of air and fuel is = hp.
It looks like the k&n rc-2580 filters are to small by the first look.
It have to be an certain area of intake space to create an certain amount of power.

I have trying to get the information of the max HP that the K&N rc-2580 filter can handle with no good result.

An equal filter are this:

http://www.jrfilters.fr/filtres/det...Y&couvercle_caout=Y&couvercle_autre=Y&&lng=en

That JR filter is almost the same filter as the K&N filter and it shows in the specifications that the filter is for max 54 HP.
"it shows 54 CH and in France this is 54 HP"

2x54=108 HP. This is not what i have in mind when I'm going to change the stock filters.

I think we need to look for a bigger filter................ ::)

:read:

The K&N RC-1820 is allmost the same but about 30% bigger and is an oval tapered filter with an offset flange.
I have my thougts that this filter is much more a better choice.
I think the offset will help the filter to be more centered i the "V" and the engine will breath better.

It has an larger intake area and with 2 it will handle about 140 Hp.

Now we´re talking about an serious intake mod :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
J R said:
:redfaced: Im sorry after going back and looking at your link I see your talking about some company selling a filter called a J R filter but not the ones on my bike.Im sorry :redfaced: You are right on one thing tho.The filters that are angled down to the chrome tip like in your pic and the purple bike are not filters that flow as good as they should for this application :bigthumbsup: But have to work better then stock :eek: Thats why on my bike I didnt buy those little filters ;) But again my apologys I thought you where refering to the filters on my bike in the pic,s :redfaced: :bigthumbsup: Peace man :doorag:
I think you scared him away. :doorag:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JR i was not talking about your filter mod.

I do not know who u are or what you have done (tell me).

In my post i was talking about a brand called "JR Filters"
I hope u understand.

I was just reflecting about what "INTERPRETER" have done on the bike called "BLURPLE" in the Picture posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh..... now i know someting about u.

I´ve been reading the forum in 2 weeks and i have read a lot where u have posted some answers.
I'm reading with great interest. I Know that u are talking real facts.

Im from sweden by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts