M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
damn that's nice.

G

·
Do you have air suspension on the VTX? It looks much lower in the picture in the garage. I would like to get my M109R much lower. MUCH LOWER! The only problem is that I already drag my heel while cornering. It would only be worse lowered. But it would look much tougher.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toneout said:
Do you have air suspension on the VTX? It looks much lower in the picture in the garage. I would like to get my M109R much lower. MUCH LOWER! The only problem is that I already drag my heel while cornering. It would only be worse lowered. But it would look much tougher.
I built a soft tail suspension for that bike and cut and rake the frame. I have Kewlmetal bleed feed air ride on it also. It is much lower than stock but when I pump it up it still corners pretty good. I plan on lowering the 109 some and I should have my 300 tire for it tomorrow so I can take a look at how that's going to fit. :D

I do plan on doing something with the intake too. This bike needs more air. ::)

G

·
I thought so. I didn't however realize you cut and then raked the frame. That is way out of my budget. (So is air ride actually) I would like to see some lowering links to drop the bike about 1 or 2 inches and springs for the forks.

I also would like to get the intake. Just an air tube and filter. Something to let it breathe better. Of course there would have to be something on the left side to to get rid of the breather. I cannot believe I have all that crap on there for a crankcase breather.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
toneout said:
I thought so. I didn't however realize you cut and then raked the frame. That is way out of my budget. (So is air ride actually) I would like to see some lowering links to drop the bike about 1 or 2 inches and springs for the forks.

I also would like to get the intake. Just an air tube and filter. Something to let it breathe better. Of course there would have to be something on the left side to to get rid of the breather. I cannot believe I have all that crap on there for a crankcase breather.
That is the air box for one of the throttle bodies. The crankcase breather is just ran to the one side.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
So there is actually an intake on both sides right? I think I read that someplace so...
Would an improved intake be freely from both sides? or just great from one?
I think I would like the idea of an agressive looking/working intake on both sides. It would something else that makes the 109 standout

SledZep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sledzep01 said:
So there is actually an intake on both sides right? I think I read that someplace so...
Would an improved intake be freely from both sides? or just great from one?
I think I would like the idea of an agressive looking/working intake on both sides. It would something else that makes the 109 standout

SledZep
This might be a little over the top but this is a duel intake with 52mm on a VTX. 8)

G

·
Calm down! The second is over the top! The first however is doable. More aggressive but not over the top. Tubing with a filter. That's what I am talking about. I draw the line at velocity stacks though. :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Lamonster said:
If you really was some air you can do this. :D

Wow, that is crazy looking. LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
Today I did a little visualization, I pulled her out into the sun and stood back about 20ft from the exhaust side and pictured what she would look like with that pipe on lamonster's VTX, with that steel bracket removed of course.
Then I visualized 2 matching intakes, basically velocity stacks that dont protrude out any further than the fattest part of the tank, pointing straight ahead, with a single K&N cone type filter on each end.
Then it's down to the mapping, and fortunately the ECM in the 109 is the same as the GSXR series, and fully tunable with yoshimura's programmer, I'm guessing with the perfect air fuel curve 120rwhp and 120rwtq is entirely possible with just what I mentioned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.